Personal Finance

Can't add MBNA Credit Card as Payee on PC Financial?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2014 1:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2646 posts
2437 upvotes

Can't add MBNA Credit Card as Payee on PC Financial?

So I just got my new MBNA credit card (MBNA RWE) a couple of weeks ago due to a fraudulent transaction, and my statement is coming up for payment. I tried setting up a new payee for my new MBNA credit card in PCF and it gives me the following error:
"You have entered an invalid account for this bill (Ref. # 5014)."
Has anyone gotten this before? It seems so strange... I've had replacement credit cards before and have never run into this problem... I have no problems adding it to my TD account online so I guess I will have to use that account to pay them for now...
5 replies
Banned
Feb 12, 2009
1129 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
i just recently added RWE to PCF no issues
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2646 posts
2437 upvotes
I have in the past as well. It's just this new replacement card that I can't seem to add. The only logical explanation is that the card number is so new that it's not in the list of issued card numbers that MBNA sent to PCF, but I'm not even sure that they even do that. Does anyone else have any idea?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3731 posts
1526 upvotes
Woodbridge
Have you tried calling PCF? Or cal MBNA and see if your old card number is still attached to your account and if paying your old card number will work?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2646 posts
2437 upvotes
I can call them, but I figure they wont' know anything. I'm pretty sure the old number would work but I'm thinking more long term.

Thanks for the responses :)
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2646 posts
2437 upvotes
Problem solved. Wow... just wow... I am dumb.

Apparently I already added the account on my Payee list and forgot about it. I missed it cause obviously I have a ton. Stupidity on my part. :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)