• Jan 4th, 2015 12:14 am
Tags:
None
Jan 2, 2015
8 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC

The Brick Price Match Issue

I placed an order for a Samsung WF42H5200AP washer on 12/31 where I was able to price match Future Shop's $699 (the Brick had it listed for $799). I even had a printout of the ad that we were price matching. For some unknown reason, they said that they would charge us the full price first before crediting us the $120 difference after a couple of days. We didn't think too much of it so we agreed to it.

I just received a call from the sales rep today and he informed us that when they check the price today, they were unable to find match the $699. I went to check on Future Shop's website, and it appears that they have increased the price to $749.

This is frankly irritating me because I was going under the assumption that they would match the price on the day of the purchase. It seems ridiculous that they do the price check TODAY when the boxing week sales are basically over. Is this sort of practice normal? Seems like a dick move sales tactic to me.
3 replies
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
722 upvotes
Shhanada
jaaagman wrote: I placed an order for a Samsung WF42H5200AP washer on 12/31 where I was able to price match Future Shop's $699 (the Brick had it listed for $799). I even had a printout of the ad that we were price matching. For some unknown reason, they said that they would charge us the full price first before crediting us the $120 difference after a couple of days. We didn't think too much of it so we agreed to it.

I just received a call from the sales rep today and he informed us that when they check the price today, they were unable to find match the $699. I went to check on Future Shop's website, and it appears that they have increased the price to $749.

This is frankly irritating me because I was going under the assumption that they would match the price on the day of the purchase. It seems ridiculous that they do the price check TODAY when the boxing week sales are basically over. Is this sort of practice normal? Seems like a dick move sales tactic to me.
You're not wrong. Contact The Brick and give them one chance to fix it, and if they don't then cancel and stick them with an unsold washer. For $50 they should hopefully be sensible enough to do it.
Jan 2, 2015
8 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the advice! I ended up contacting the store today. Their explanation was that their price match policy does not apply to items that are sale with limited quantity (which was BS, because I was at Future Shop before and was aware that they did have stock on 12/31).

I argued that even if that were the case, the person who sold the washer never made us aware of this exception. Hell, we even had a Brick watermarked printout of the original ad, along with the $120 credit that we were to receive! The person on the phone ended up talking to the manager, and it was decided that they would honour the $100 credit. I'll be doing in tomorrow to get the credit. I'm hoping that everything will go smoothly!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)