• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2015 12:26 am
Tags:
None
Jul 16, 2013
118 posts
2 upvotes

What is the best non-travel Visa card?

I have a ton of credit cards but in all honesty, I don't use them very much. I'd like to trim down to just one or two cards and was wondering if someone could suggest some of the better ones?

My preference would be a no-fee credit card that offers cash back. I don't mind paying a yearly charge for a credit card but only if it is really a good deal for myself in the long run. I'd prefer a card that doesn't have to deal with collecting travel points.

Thank you
7 replies
Mar 31, 2013
396 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon Visa is straight 1% cash back with no fee and no dealing with points.
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
83 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
The Chase website for the Amazon Visa isn't very easy to use. It doesn't display statements for example. It is a good Visa card if you don't use online interfaces.
Mar 31, 2013
396 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
User230 wrote: The Chase website for the Amazon Visa isn't very easy to use. It doesn't display statements for example. It is a good Visa card if you don't use online interfaces.
It does display statements. I can go on click through "Select statement cycle to review" for past months. The current balance owing and last statement amount/due date appear on the bar on the left. It may not be super fancy, but I'm not sure what else you could possibly need to see.
Dec 22, 2013
930 posts
223 upvotes
EDMONTON
MBNA Rewards World Elite is a good one. 2% back on everything, and the "points" earned can be redeemed for a statement credit. If you spend more than ($89/.01=) 8900 a year on your card, the $89 annual fee will be worth it compared to a 1% cash back no fee card.
Nov 29, 2014
680 posts
83 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
K1Toronto wrote: It does display statements. I can go on click through "Select statement cycle to review" for past months. The current balance owing and last statement amount/due date appear on the bar on the left. It may not be super fancy, but I'm not sure what else you could possibly need to see.
I meant the actual paper statements that we get in the mail. You are correct we can see some of the statement details online but it's not the complete version that we get in the mail. Thank you for pointing out it’s a statement though. I thought it was just a list of transactions but they do split it into the correct statement periods it appears.