• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2015 12:59 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 20, 2010
287 posts
77 upvotes

Who to blame, Canada Post or USPS?

I see so many threads here with people complaining about non-problems with Canada Post, people thinking an item is late when it isn't, can't count business days, or upset that the carrier left the item at their home or at a depot for pickup. Just petty things that are mild inconveniences at most. Very few real problems are ever posted

So here's an example of a legitimate complaint and problem! But the twist is that I really don't know who to blame for this package that returned to me yesterday.

It was shipped on Dec 10th, a Grinch Mask. The package was returned as "Unclaimed". So was it unclaimed because of the damage or was it damaged during the return? Was it damaged in Canada Post's hands or by USPS's hands? There is no way to tell.

I did call Canada Post and they are sending a full refund for the shipping and the insured value of the mask. So despite the problem, they are fixing it in the end, even if it wasn't their fault.

Now I have to bite the bullet and apologize to my customer for what happened despite it being no fault of my own. I hate having to do this when I did everything right.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/aj9kWb7.jpg[/IMG]
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1837 posts
598 upvotes
Guelph
Well at least they owned up to it.

They refunded shipping and provided you insurance $$. Sounds like good CS to me.

Damages happen mailing/shipping things.
Aug 20, 2010
287 posts
77 upvotes
That is the point. Spot on.

CP may occasionally have problems, crap happens beyond our control, but they do apologize, even if it may not be their fault, and provide good service to fix issues.