Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver

Briggs-riley luggage?

I read and here Briggs riley has pretty good quality luggage. I am interested in seeing some. Not necessarily buy.

Any idea where I could find these within vancouver?

Thanks
22 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The luggage itself isn't all that interesting to look at... it's not flashy like some.

What's interesting about the luggage is the warranty....
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
craftsman wrote: The luggage itself isn't all that interesting to look at... it's not flashy like some.

What's interesting about the luggage is the warranty....
Hmm ya I read a lot about the warranty. One reason I wanted at least to see it up close. I have always had what you could call cheaper luggage. This replacement piece I have is ugly and cheap. One of my pieces got destroyed. They had no identical one so I had to pick from two comparable. Ugly and cheap. This happened a few yrs ago.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow just took a look at Briggs and also rimowa luggage! What the hech is rimowa made of lol? I saw the air light upright. Looks funky. The Briggs I looked at seemed more practical with storage etc. mind you I never opened them etc.

Btw awful service or should say,no service where I went.

Wanderlust store in vancouv ers kitsilano. Avoid them if you want any type of service. I walked out. Took the price and model and I will buy somewhere else.
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
just buy cheaper at local flea market in cash!

no brands though, lol
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
lol but that was the whole point of my OP. I don't want cheap lol, falls apart etc. I should have done this right the first time buying luggage.

I found something I liked from Briggs. Now trying to price compare.

Anyone know the best place to shop for luggage online? I did a bunch of comparisons but maybe I am missing a good online retailer.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The best time/place/way to buy Briggs and Riley is now off of e-Bay as used. Believe or not, people have a tendency to "rent" luggage for trips (buy it before going and sell it after) and with the holiday season just over and the Summer travel season not started yet, the used market is a buyers market right now.

Since Briggs doesn't require you to have a receipt or be the original owner for warranty coverage (ie if you own the bag, you deserve the warranty), buying it used from e-Bay is probably your best bet. All 4 of my pieces were brought on e-Bay.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh ok , I'll have a look. Not a huge fan of using other peoples personal items lol but it's worth a look.

Thanks
Feb 28, 2003
196 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
I just bought the Briggs and Riley Baseline Commuter carry on (19") from Canadian Greetings Luggage store on Robson.

The tag listed it as 419 and the guy at the store offered another $20 off....so $399 before tax.

Not sure if the best deal but I was pretty happy with the price. Another luggage store further west on Robson was selling it for 439 with no further discount.

Hope that helps.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Thank u. Funny I was just looking around again on amazon.ca. :-)

Might have to check the store out.

Did they have a large selection?

Thanks
Feb 28, 2003
196 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes, they have quite a selection of Briggs and Riley. They carry Samsonite, Travelpro and several other brands.
At first he said no discount but when asked again offered $20 off carry ons and $50 off larger luggages. Probably could have tried to bargain it lower but didn't try.

This is the one I purchased -
http://www.canadaluggagedepot.ca/collec ... er-spinner
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Cool. Good job. I really need to buy a piece. My current luggage is cheap. Looks cheap and is cheap. Didn't take long for it to break down.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1800 posts
625 upvotes
Vancouver
The best is RIMOWA. Well worth it, great warranty and they are pretty sexy
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes I saw that sexy luggage :) I liked the salsa air light? I think its called. But its about 75-100 more than Briggs. But the RIMOWA looks really nice.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Great warranty?

Here's a statement directly from their website -

This guarantee does not apply, however, if the usability is restricted by abrasion, improper use or externally occurring forces (particularly flight or transport damage, e.g. deformation, cracks, body breakages, scratches wear etc.) or by liquids (please observe the care instructions attached below). We recommend having the product inspected by a third party immediately after retrieval from transport handling and immediately reporting any damage to the carrier (e.g. airline or railway company) who is insured against this.

Basically it's the standard 5 year warranty that most luggage has - if you use it and something breaks, chances are it's not covered.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
trellaine201 wrote: Yes I saw that sexy luggage :) I liked the salsa air light? I think its called. But its about 75-100 more than Briggs. But the RIMOWA looks really nice.
I've found that nice looking luggage may make you a target for theft...