Personal Finance

Best bank to work with for couples (20 transactions/month)?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2015 1:49 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 2, 2009
78 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Best bank to work with for couples (20 transactions/month)?

Hi,

Just got married and we are combining accounts. I'm currently with RBC, but was disappointed to find out I'd now have to pay for banking services due to more transactions (I know, boohoo eh?) Is there any of the big banks where I could possible get this for free? Also, who has the best interest rates in their e-savings and TFSA's? I'd consider switching my RRSP's, TFSA, chequing, and savings over for the right bank.

Would prefer BMO, TD, Scotia, or CIBC for convenience as they are located close to home. We also have First Calgary Financial and ATB financial here which are close.
3 replies
Mar 3, 2015
699 posts
95 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
use pc financial for chequing unlimited transactions and increase your limit every 3 months by calling them so you can deposit cash/cheques and have quick access.

use any other bank like rbc, cibc, bmo scotiabank for investment or other needs requiring face to face dealing.
Dec 22, 2013
930 posts
223 upvotes
EDMONTON
From what I've heard, First Calgary has a pretty sweet free Chequing account. Definitely look into that.

ATB isn't bad. You could get in on the free $350 offer. Their current offerings are kind of bland, but they're updating their chequing accounts soon. And unlike the big banks, their new updated chequing accounts are going to be better. Off the top of my head, CC fee waivers and more free Interac etransfers.

I agree with the above that Tangerine and PCF are also good options.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)