Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Contests

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Once]

2015/04/10 - Goodhouse keeping, Tyson's Good To Know $500 Giveaway [US/CA|AOM|NO QC]

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2015 11:47 am
Feb 3, 2015
402 posts
5621 upvotes
Ontario

2015/04/10 - Goodhouse keeping, Tyson's Good To Know $500 Giveaway [US/CA|AOM|NO QC]

$500 would buy a lot of chicken! :cheesygri

ENTER: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/sweepstakes/30940

RULES: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/Tyson's ... Rules-0415

PRIZE: One (1) Winner(s) will receive a check for $500.00.

NOTE: You MUST click the link near the top of the entry form. If you just fill out the first form, it will automatically sign you up for a subscription to the magazine!
16 replies
Nov 12, 2016
14 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
This contest is a bit misleading, despite no mention in the rules or on the sweepstakes form, it has signed me up for a 16$ annual subscription to Good Housekeeping magazine. Their faq has a section for accidentally ordering a subscription while entering a sweepstakes!!

Excerpt from https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/HR/GHK/GHK_F ... aq#sweeps1

[QUOTE]Sweepstakes subscription orders
Hearst Magazines often promotes exciting sweepstakes on their websites. Although no purchase is necessary to enter or win, we hope that if you did submit an order with your entry, you enjoy many hours reading Good Housekeeping magazine. However, if you accidentally submitted a subscription order while entering a sweepstakes and wish to cancel, allow 24 hours for your order to apply to our system before submitting your cancellation. The Account Summary page will indicate if your order has applied.[/QUOTE]
Feb 3, 2015
402 posts
5621 upvotes
Ontario
ChriskyBusiness wrote: This contest is a bit misleading, despite no mention in the rules or on the sweepstakes form, it has signed me up for a 16$ annual subscription to Good Housekeeping magazine. Their faq has a section for accidentally ordering a subscription while entering a sweepstakes!!
Yeah, I don't think it's right how they do that. Make sure you click the button at the top of the entry form to just enter without signing up. I'll add a note to the OP so more people don't accidentally sign up. :D
Feb 3, 2015
402 posts
5621 upvotes
Ontario
You should be okay to enter then. Mine looks like this (click image to view bigger):

When I click the blue words "click here" I see what you see. :D
Nov 12, 2016
14 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It could be good to enter now haha, but I only really went back to check the form closely after getting the subscription notice, at which point they may already disable the auto subscribe. Im not worried that I'll actually pay for the subscription, since I did not actually legally agree to it or confirm any orders... kind of a weird way to do business though!

Hopefully an RFD'er wins in any event :D
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1264 posts
3997 upvotes
Duncan
I haven accidentally signed up to these things many many times over the years when I forgot to click the non subscribe option. I have always had no trouble going back and canceling the subscription. I do agree that it is a real pain in the butt and they should remove this type of thing from their forms. Once when I did get a magazine and bill I called the toll free number and told them what had happened and even the customer service person seemed to hate the whole thing as I think they spend alot of time having to unsubscribe people. Anyways even after the magazine showed up and I was sent a bill they still canceled it no charge
Sep 12, 2008
45 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
So, I got the subscription email, which I really, really don't want. Can someone tell me exactly how I go about cancelling, and not getting charged?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2007
3799 posts
797 upvotes
ON
theoren_1 wrote: So, I got the subscription email, which I really, really don't want. Can someone tell me exactly how I go about cancelling, and not getting charged?
click "customer service" link at the bottom of the subscription email, login with your email or address, there's a cancellation subscription link at the left side. wait a few days if you can't login.