Personal Finance

Credit Card Guru Inquiry: Which Cards have Car Discount & With Which Rental Company?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2015 10:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes

Credit Card Guru Inquiry: Which Cards have Car Discount & With Which Rental Company?

Hey RFD,

I am not lazy, I have been looking into this myself, but it's a little bit hard to be honest. Wondering if there are any credit card gurus on here that can tell me off the top of their heads which of these cards have car rental discount, and with which rental agency(s)?

Thanks in advance everyone!!

AMEX Plat
AMEX plat airmiles
AMEX SPG
Scotiabank Scene Visa
BMO SPC Airmiles Mastercard
Scotia AMEX Gold
RBC Westjet Mastercard
CIBC Tim Hortons Visa
MBNA World Elite Mastercard
12 replies
Mar 3, 2015
699 posts
95 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
i have Scotia AMEX Rewards Card and got great discount @ Avis.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
supertronic wrote: i have Scotia AMEX Rewards Card and got great discount @ Avis.
Okay, question then, with the Scotia AMEX gold how are you getting the discount? Do we have a contract ID / coupon code to use?

Also, which rental agencies does AMEX Scotia version give you discounts for!! (any other experiences other than Avis?) Online it just mentions "Receive up to 25% off qualifying rentals with 131 companies worldwide".... so I little confusing on how to redeem.

Thank in advance!
Dec 24, 2007
139 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
I'm pretty sure BMO's World Elite does as well, with National and Alamo. Haven't used it yet as we just got the card.
We had CIBC's Aerogold, which had a discount with Avis and Budget. I'm guessing the same discount exists for CIBC's other annual fee cards?
Oct 31, 2003
863 posts
141 upvotes
Woodbridge
RBC's travel site actually has some very decent car rental prices built into it. I don't know which travel engine that they are using but I am finding it alot cheaper than most!
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
bump! what are the best credit cards for car rental discount? and how do you go about applying it (IE) the scotia AMEX Gold
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
jerryhung wrote: In my experience, online coupons and constantly checking, plus priceline is the best way

And use a CC with free insurance of course
I agree, I do use all these tactics. Priceline is the best in my experience, but for anywhere remote/with low rental rates, name your price doesn't even apply.

What I'm wondering is CC's claim to give you 25% off the best list price. (IE) the Scotia AMEX gold. There is no contract or discount code that I can find. So how do you get the 25% off applied at 130+ rental agencies world wide"

TIA.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
There are many codes out there, and it doesn't have to be a visa or mc code
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1550 posts
1208 upvotes
Toronto
amex plat cards have great discounts on hertz rentals

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)