• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2015 10:08 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 22, 2015
662 posts
180 upvotes

Signing income tax papers

Accountant emailed me the income tax papers to be signed before I she submits them. Do I have to physically sign them, scan it then email it back or can I just past my signature from paint onto the tax form and e-mail it back like that? Don't have access to a fax machine or scanning machine as I just started my two week shift in a remote work camp. Want to get this submitted asap.
4 replies
Jan 22, 2015
662 posts
180 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: You have to physically sign it if you are submitting a paper copy. Why don't you do your own taxes? With software like Studio Tax and Turbo Tax it's so simple it's not even funny. Studio Tax is free.
I usually do but there's been a lot of deaths in my immediate family so with inheritance, property and all that I rather have a pro do it. Not like it costs that much anyway.
Jan 22, 2015
662 posts
180 upvotes
Yea no worries. Good thing I didn't copy and past a paint version of my signature onto my income tax return lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
9356 posts
2208 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
I've always used a puff file and sign with Adobe. Never been a problem for anything yet.
Mar 20, 2015
91 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rssdale wrote: Yea no worries. Good thing I didn't copy and past a paint version of my signature onto my income tax return lol
You probably could have. Your accountant is most likely efiling. He just wants your signature as proof you've looked at the return and have okayed it. At least that's what the firm I used to work at does.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)