Personal Finance

TD Easyweb, is there an algorithm behind it?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2015 12:32 pm
Jun 21, 2010
228 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga

TD Easyweb, is there an algorithm behind it?

Just sold a condo recently so I had to park the cash in the chequing a/c for a bit.. It's been a week and everytime I log on, either Easyweb offers me an $8000 credit limit increase or a promo 1.8% saving a/c rate till July.
Today, they offered 2.55% 5-year fixed when I logged in for a mortgage.
I am unaware of how the other banks are, but I was just wondering is this a coincidence or it actually reflects of your profile?

P.S. I am looking for a good rate for a mortgage soon. Any advice would be appreciated. I usually don't start threads but I apologize if this is a waste of time for some.
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today.
7 replies
Jun 21, 2010
228 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga
Anything? Lol
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
They do do soft checks every now and then. So yea...but you can get better rate from a broker. Check mortgage rates thread.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
Easyweb ? No its just a simple website. Does TD constantly watch and evaluate you and then target their products to squeeze money from you? Yes.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10527 upvotes
Personally I think that if there is an algorithm to TD Easyweb it is very rudimentary. I too am given all those same offers, and it is not as if I have a mortgage on my credit report for them to say "let's get him". I suspect it is probably more of "greater than $x" or "does not have X product".
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
8569 posts
1763 upvotes
The promotions themselves are nation-wide (or at the very least regional) and they get applied to every client profile who qualifies; so these were just several different online promotions and you happen to qualify for all of 'em. This time of year (spring) is when they do the most mortgage promoting as it's the start of the homebuying season.
Money Smarts Blog wrote: I agree with the previous posters, especially Thalo. {And} Thalo's advice is spot on.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)