Personal Finance

Locked: Sunil tulsiani and private investment club?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2017 10:35 am
Tags:
None
Dec 12, 2011
203 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto

Sunil tulsiani and private investment club?

A friend of mine just paid $2000 to join his club, and I wanted to know does anybody know anything about this guy or his club?
32 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2010
2764 posts
183 upvotes
clydelee2020 wrote: A friend of mine just paid $2000 to join his club, and I wanted to know does anybody know anything about this guy or his club?
Google and youtube?

I've been to a few of the PIC events. Probably one of the only real estate clubs in the GTA that's beyond a simple 'meetup'. I am a member through a colleague of his.

Let me know if any questions or feel free to pm me?
Dec 14, 2009
112 posts
28 upvotes
A narcissist as creditable as Charles Ponzi.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2010
2764 posts
183 upvotes
Yep well aware of this. Even though he founded the club and speaks at some events it doesn't reflect on the networking and partnership of its members. In the end, as a common club goal, all we do is search for/share real estate deals and join venture on them if it makes sense.
Dec 12, 2011
203 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
^yeah I seen the charges upon first time googling him. Anyways, my friend paid two gs to join his club, and he recently bought a portion of land that Sunil owns in Florida, with the expectation that when developers eventually buy the land (he was told in a year or so) every investor will make a substantial profit. I told him, why wouldn't this guy just own all of the land himself, so he could make an even bigger return? Is he really trying to make his "team" some money when he could have had a bigger piece of the pie to himself. I am very skeptical of private investment club ut I can't find any negative reviews online.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5684 posts
2251 upvotes
Thornhill
clydelee2020 wrote: ^yeah I seen the charges upon first time googling him. Anyways, my friend paid two gs to join his club, and he recently bought a portion of land that Sunil owns in Florida, with the expectation that when developers eventually buy the land (he was told in a year or so) every investor will make a substantial profit. I told him, why wouldn't this guy just own all of the land himself, so he could make an even bigger return? Is he really trying to make his "team" some money when he could have had a bigger piece of the pie to himself. I am very skeptical of private investment club ut I can't find any negative reviews online.
Perfect ponzi scheme, tell your buddy to cut his losses now. The muppet can already say bye-bye to the money he sank in and hopefully you can prevent him from losing any further.

Your friend or whomever, already failed to get past the 'sniff test' yet they ignored their hard-wired intuition that millions of people died before you to develop into your biology...

Rich people don't need random strangers to help invest, if anyone tries to convince you otherwise - don't walk away, run.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2011
1617 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
clydelee2020 wrote: ^yeah I seen the charges upon first time googling him. Anyways, my friend paid two gs to join his club, and he recently bought a portion of land that Sunil owns in Florida, with the expectation that when developers eventually buy the land (he was told in a year or so) every investor will make a substantial profit. I told him, why wouldn't this guy just own all of the land himself, so he could make an even bigger return? Is he really trying to make his "team" some money when he could have had a bigger piece of the pie to himself. I am very skeptical of private investment club ut I can't find any negative reviews online.
Most Ponzi schemes don't get uncovered until much later when millions have been pilfered away and the jig is up. There's usually no "bad" reviews.

Hypothetically: Let's say in a year, this "developer" (who happens to be an inside man) buys the land and your friends makes 50% profit. Know where the money came from? From the other saps that bought into other "investment" schemes over that past year. The ones that end up winning are the ones who get in at the bottom of the scheme.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41789 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
People actually fall for this stuff?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2010
2764 posts
183 upvotes
Even though I am part of PIC I have only joint ventured with other members and have not invested with Sunil

With that said, not knowing the investment opportunity presented (do your own due diligence), the reason one guy cannot 'own all the land himself' is because no one person (aside from the multi-millionaires/billionaires) has capital to put up as a single person. Many people think an investor is someone who owns an extra house or condo and that's it. When it comes to investment in commercial buildings, owning an apartment complex, land etc. there is a financing need and typically joint ventures with a bunch of investors is common.

Take this company for example: http://www.centurionapartmentreit.com/

You are investing in a private REIT (not on the public market). I bet many people here will automatically assume it's a scam just because it involves private money. Right? Either way, you need to be an accredited investor so that disqualifies pretty most if not all of us anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2008
6278 posts
2753 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: People actually fall for this stuff?
There is a sucker born every minute. :lol:
-
Nov 23, 2016
1 posts
1 upvote
!00% scammer. I can tell you from personal experience. Asks people to provide money to be part of a larger real estate deal. Pay outs never happen. He owes me 20k and wont return my phone calls. Guy believes in nothing. Tell your friends or anyone considering business with him.
May 1, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
Manitoba
I'm a PIC member (private investment club) and have been very happy with the mentoring, seminars, books, etc that I've received as a member. I have had a great experience so far, and feel the value of this membership is worth much more than I paid for it. As in life, you get what you put into it. If you don't have any plans and expect deals and money to just fall in your lap then magically make money, your in the wrong business and the wrong club. No One is handing you money or business, you build relationships, do your research and proper diligence, and the deals you work on are different for every investor wether new, or old. This club is for like minded people that work hard on their business and work to be educated professionals and give back to their communities and charities around the world. Majority of people don't choose to take the proper steps and fall into the negativity of the ones who either failed, or expected money and success to just land in their laps. There are good deals and there are bad, its your job to assess each one and how it fits your business model. I recommend you talk to Sunil yourself, ask him the hard questions, and he will give you the hard truth. :)
Banned
Jul 21, 2017
32 posts
5 upvotes
Simply put. PIC is a great place to network.
Every investment has risks, The people who are angry must be sore losers, and clearly have issues with negativity taking over their lives.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
2621 posts
2113 upvotes
Toronto
localzoo wrote: I'm a PIC member (private investment club) and have been very happy with the mentoring, seminars, books, etc that I've received as a member. I have had a great experience so far, and feel the value of this membership is worth much more than I paid for it. As in life, you get what you put into it. If you don't have any plans and expect deals and money to just fall in your lap then magically make money, your in the wrong business and the wrong club. No One is handing you money or business, you build relationships, do your research and proper diligence, and the deals you work on are different for every investor wether new, or old. This club is for like minded people that work hard on their business and work to be educated professionals and give back to their communities and charities around the world. Majority of people don't choose to take the proper steps and fall into the negativity of the ones who either failed, or expected money and success to just land in their laps. There are good deals and there are bad, its your job to assess each one and how it fits your business model. I recommend you talk to Sunil yourself, ask him the hard questions, and he will give you the hard truth. :)
Single post with single upvote, looks really legit!!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
2621 posts
2113 upvotes
Toronto
frenchie0000 wrote: Simply put. PIC is a great place to network.
Every investment has risks, The people who are angry must be sore losers, and clearly have issues with negativity taking over their lives.
another legit user with 1 post. Face With Tears Of Joy
Banned
Jul 21, 2017
32 posts
5 upvotes
"JaiKor" Yup, I joined just for this. (I'm not a internet warrior like you) thats actually the reason most people join redflagdeals, they see a topic that interests them.
But hey keep that negativity up! I'm sure its working out great for you, you have nothing better to do with your life the post online and be a negative moron.

It's People like you who hide behind a computer and whine about everything. I've been a PIC member for the past year and a half. I've never done business with Sunil, I joined to NETWORK. That being said after listening to Sunil speak at 4 events so far he is definitely a honest guy.

MY HONEST REVIEW.
SO, let me reiterate.... PIC is a great place to network, and I have talked to some of sunil's millionaire at the club They are able to prove how he made them their money and seem like nice people. If you know someone who wants to get ahead in their field, or just wants to network PIC is a great place for that, it also Add's a nice social aspect to the old boring seminars. Plus they let you go to the event for FREE if you don't want to be a member. So you don't have to pay anything to just try it out.
Last edited by frenchie0000 on Aug 1st, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
2621 posts
2113 upvotes
Toronto
frenchie0000 wrote: "JaiKor" Yup, I joined just for this. (I'm not a internet warrior like you) thats actually the reason most people join redflagdeals, they see a topic that interests them.
But hey keep that negativity up! I'm sure its working out great for you, you have nothing better to do with your life the post online and be a negative moron.

It's People like you who hide behind a computer and whine about everything. I've been a PIC member for the past year and a half. I've never done business with Sunil, I joined to NETWORK. That being said after listening to Sunil speak at 4 events so far he is definitely a honest guy.

MY HONEST REVIEW.
SO, let me reiterate.... PIC is a great place to network, and I have talked to some of sunil's millionaire at the club They are able to prove how he made them their money and seem like nice people. If you know someone who wants to get ahead in their field, or just wants to network PIC is a great place for that, it also Add's a nice social aspect to the old boring seminars. Plus they let you go to the event for FREE if you don't want to be a member. So you don't have to pay anything to just try it out.
Do you have anything to say about this regarding your honest guy?

Sunil Tulsiani Charged Quasi-Criminally
with Unregistered Trading and Breaching an OSC Cease Trade Order https://www.osc.gov.on.ca/en/NewsEvents ... harged.htm
Banned
Jul 21, 2017
32 posts
5 upvotes
People make mistakes, you can find trash on almost any successful business owner.

Its a truth of life people make mistakes, no point in pushing them down when they are trying to help people. And yes He is very open about the Cease trade order to everyone in his club:).

Attend a PIC event for free, ill hook you up ;).

Anyways I just wanted my opinion out there, because I have met people at PIC that have helped me a lot. Even if you believe Sunil is this horrible monster (which he isn't) that doesn't mean people of the club are.. So, Stop knocking the club down because you aren't able to take advantage of what PIC has to offer. Me and hundreds of others enjoy PIC and want to keep enjoying it

Take care little Jai.
You can continue on having a conversation with yourself because arguing with you Is like arguing with a pole, it'll get us both no where.