Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Amazon's big DVD sale

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2007 12:56 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 19, 2003
336 posts

[Amazon.com] Amazon's big DVD sale

It's not as big as their Black Friday sale, but I guess it's still big!

Main sale page

They have sections for $5.49 titles(93 titles in here, some oddly as low as $3.99), $6.49 titles(61 titles in here), and a fairly large section for box sets. Some of the box set prices are a nice bit below DD's 20% off sale(Band of Brothers, for one), and there are plenty of titles that weren't available during the black friday sale.

As usual, Amazon ships from within Canada, no duties.
32 replies
Nov 24, 2007
426 posts
4 upvotes
Wow, Curb Your Enthusiasm for $20 is DEFINITELY HOT!! As for the DVD box sets that's the only thing of any value to me. Costco sometimes sells Curb for $35 per dvd.
Mar 19, 2003
336 posts
shervin2 wrote: Repost.
Are you sure? I did a search before I posted it, and didn't find a thread about it. I know the Smallville DVDs were part of the sale and posted before, but that wasn't a thread about the whole sale.

Link?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
1019 posts
384 upvotes
How long does it take to receive something from them?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
32 upvotes
shervin2 wrote: Repost.
OH OH ....................Repost Cop :lol: :razz:
:twisted:
Oct 17, 2006
336 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver
Band of Brothers for $33.00 Is that a good deal? Seems so.
I think Costco wanted $40.00

Also Ali G is going for $28.00 for the complete series
Nov 1, 2005
396 posts
16 upvotes
mcbg1 wrote: How long does it take to receive something from them?
If it's in stock, with normal shipping, less than a week for my order. I guess it comes from Missassauga via Express Post. I've since made 2 other orders, and I just wish I made them when the dollar was at $1.10
May 12, 2004
435 posts
23 upvotes
Brampton
jjrooster wrote: If it's in stock, with normal shipping, less than a week for my order. I guess it comes from Missassauga via Express Post. I've since made 2 other orders, and I just wish I made them when the dollar was at $1.10
BTW any idea if we are able to track our packages from the tracking number they give us. I've tried inputing the tracking number on canadapost, but I get nothing.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
This site used to be about posting deals.

Now its "How fast can I tell you this is a repost?"

Anyways, here's a great film, if you've never seen it. $5.49 Frequency
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
jjrooster wrote: If it's in stock, with normal shipping, less than a week for my order. I guess it comes from Missassauga via Express Post. I've since made 2 other orders, and I just wish I made them when the dollar was at $1.10
10 cents on the dollar is 10%.
Thats enough incentive to make u buy more $6 movies? :confused:
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Veronica Mars Seasons 1 and 2 for $15 each = HOT.

The Wire Seasons 1 and 2 for $27 each is pretty good too, but I just got Veronica Mars for now.

Even with $11 shipping, I paid $41 for Seasons 1 and 2 of VM, which is way cheaper than anywhere in Canada.

Americans get so many better deals it's disgusting.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1163 posts
93 upvotes
do they charge customs if we order more than certain amount?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
1047 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
Do they ship regular DVDs from Canada?

Whenever I buy HD movies on Amazon it always comes from the US. I've only bit hit w/ duty once htough.
~
Mar 19, 2003
336 posts
exstasie wrote: Do they ship regular DVDs from Canada?

Whenever I buy HD movies on Amazon it always comes from the US. I've only bit hit w/ duty once htough.
They should ship them from the American warehouse to the Canadian one, then to you. However, it depends on the shipping method you choose, if you choose a faster one, there's a chance it'll come straight from the US. Just choose the basic shipping, it should come from within Canada every time.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
361 upvotes
Last time I bought a book from amazon.com and I was charged UPS brokerage fee.
Oct 16, 2007
503 posts
135 upvotes
There are some great deals in there... why does amazon.ca always have ******** pricing on there dvd's?

So what's the $ on the brokerage fees?

Say if I was to order a couple dvd sets and a couple hd movies. Would it be roughly 15-20 if they happened to get sent directly here? That'd still be better then the prices up here, unless I pay more than 20 for brokerage.
Nov 1, 2005
396 posts
16 upvotes
mlc2000 wrote: 10 cents on the dollar is 10%.
Thats enough incentive to make u buy more $6 movies? :confused:
Not for this stuff fool, but it would have helped with Planet Earth blu-ray, and in general when ordering $100 worth of stuff.

And no, the traking numbers they give don't seem to work for me at all.
Mar 19, 2003
336 posts
HeavyFlea wrote: There are some great deals in there... why does amazon.ca always have ******** pricing on there dvd's?

So what's the $ on the brokerage fees?

Say if I was to order a couple dvd sets and a couple hd movies. Would it be roughly 15-20 if they happened to get sent directly here? That'd still be better then the prices up here, unless I pay more than 20 for brokerage.
Unless you choose an expedited method of shipment, there should be $0 of brokerage fees. Choose regular shipping, you'll be fine. I've ordered a few dozen times from .com and never been hit, and I can't think of anyone using normal shipping speed that has been, in my threads.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2727 posts
419 upvotes
Nepean
Is it still free shipping from Amazon.com to Canada?