Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples: Samsung Syncmaster 22" LCD Monitor $269 (FREE Shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2007 9:59 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 29, 2004
16 posts
5 upvotes

[Staples] Staples: Samsung Syncmaster 22" LCD Monitor $269 (FREE Shipping)

Samsung 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor 225BW
Reg Price $369.95
Instant Savings -$100
Final Price $269.95

Shipping is currently FREE(at least, it was to Ottawa)

I did some research and this monitor appears to be very well rated (see the write up at CNET) and the reviews at Tigerdirect).

I've been looking for a decent 22" monitor and most of the well rated ones by LG and Dell and Hitachi always seem to cost more. You can get Acer monitors pretty much anywhere for a decent price ($258 at Walmart, for example), but the reviews on a lot of the lower end Acer products aren't very encouraging.

Also, this Samsung comes with a DVI input AND the DVI cable (obviously, this only applies if your graphics card supports DVI). Many of the other 22" monitors I've been looking at don't support DVI (some do, but don't come with the cable).

I expect there will be lots of deals like this as we head into the big, competitive, Christmas shopping period but many of the good deals at stores like Futureshop and Bestbuy sell out really fast so you take your chances.
32 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3513 posts
438 upvotes
masterc wrote: Don't forget to add the Staples coupons...
Yeah adding a $30 coupon makes this so much better.$239 for a 22" Samsung LCD is not a bad price with free shipping.I want 24" though. :)
Banned
Nov 9, 2003
1116 posts
4 upvotes
Prince George, BC, C…
masterc wrote: Don't forget to add the Staples coupons... http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... ht=coupons
can those coupons be used in stores or just online?

And should i wait for boxing day to get this? I wanted a samsung 22 inch but i had planned to wait till boxing day figuring it would be in the low 200's but i don't know....
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3513 posts
438 upvotes
Unicron wrote: can those coupons be used in stores or just online?

And should i wait for boxing day to get this? I wanted a samsung 22 inch but i had planned to wait till boxing day figuring it would be in the low 200's but i don't know....
Usually the 5 digit coupons are for online.Not sure if they work in store or not? Thats why I hate buying things so close to Boxing Day....you just know there will be a better deal then.
Nov 21, 2007
132 posts
holy crap I needed one of these...how did they go out of stock in 30 minutes?
Apr 8, 2007
172 posts
33 upvotes
Canada
bob the builder wrote: holy crap I needed one of these...how did they go out of stock in 30 minutes?
Wondering that myself, I needed one for Christmas.
Nov 24, 2002
983 posts
50 upvotes
got one delivered today... havent got a chance to try it...
from the reviews it looks great budget conscious lcd even for gaming
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
InOttawa wrote: Shipping is currently FREE(at least, it was to Ottawa)
um... in case you didn't know, this isn't "current"

it's always been free s/h w/ $50+ order.

----------
Sheed30 wrote: Usually the 5 digit coupons are for online.Not sure if they work in store or not? Thats why I hate buying things so close to Boxing Day....you just know there will be a better deal then.
the 5-digit codes work instore (their systems accept it), but whether or not the CSRs/MODs accept the code w/o the actual physical copy of the coupon is another story....
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Dec 11, 2006
476 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
In stock in Vancouver. Price is showing as $294.95 for me. Then you can add the $30 off coupon to bring it to $264.95.

Pretty decent deal.
Banned
Nov 9, 2003
1116 posts
4 upvotes
Prince George, BC, C…
aznmidnite wrote: In stock in Vancouver. Price is showing as $294.95 for me. Then you can add the $30 off coupon to bring it to $264.95.

Pretty decent deal.
i'm also in bc, same price for me

.....i'm gonna wait till boxing day still

exact monitor i want to, hope its below $250 by that time
Dec 4, 2004
851 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
aznmidnite wrote: In stock in Vancouver. Price is showing as $294.95 for me. Then you can add the $30 off coupon to bring it to $264.95.

Pretty decent deal.
It's because BC has a $25 enviro fee for monitors over 19". Since it's already $294.95, just add some things to make it $300 and apply a $30 off $150 and a $20 off $150 and now you can have it for $250.
Nov 21, 2007
132 posts
After reading some reviews, this monitor doesn't seem too hot. Of course for $250 it's a good deal, but considering it's something you'll end up staring at for over a thousand hours a year, you might want to reconsider.
Jun 26, 2007
278 posts
1 upvote
canada
bob the builder wrote: After reading some reviews, this monitor doesn't seem too hot. Of course for $250 it's a good deal, but considering it's something you'll end up staring at for over a thousand hours a year, you might want to reconsider.
care to provide a link? reviews I saw were favorabale.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1343 posts
151 upvotes
Sheed30 wrote: Yeah adding a $30 coupon makes this so much better.$239 for a 22" Samsung LCD is not a bad price with free shipping.I want 24" though. :)
Same here, 22" just doesn't cut it anymore :)
Nov 26, 2007
798 posts
220 upvotes
The title should read $239, since you can apply $30 off, and there is free shipping. It looks to be around ~270 after tax, which is comparable/a little bit less than other models (i.e. Dell at Costco, and Acer) that are 22".

What is the verdict on the monitor though? Most reviews seem favourable, when it was at a much higher price... hot deal?
Aug 28, 2005
400 posts
178 upvotes
It went out of stock last night... does Staples restock or should I start looking elsewhere?