Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Free PC Game: Lumines

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2007 11:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto

Free PC Game: Lumines

You can now download the popular PSP puzzle game Lumines now for the PC for free right over here. The catch? It's ad-supported, but you will only see a commercial before the game loads, and not during. The other catch? There's a good chance you'll find it absurdly addictive, I know I do.

WildGames "guarantees" that their software is spyware free, although it does collect information on which of their games you are playing and how often. If this makes you feel a little edgy, you can check out their FAQ on the subject and decide for yourself.
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
Isn't this just matching the colors..what makes it special? And why 121mb?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
wth...all i get is a black screen with the game sounds playing in the background....boo onboard video
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
myg0t, a psp game for pc, will this be good?
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Feb 18, 2006
932 posts
66 upvotes
I've had problems in the past with wild tangent installing spyware on my computer. Also it was behind the cause of my computer randomly crashing as it would secretly run in the backround, even while not playing a game. This may have changed, however after that I refuse to download anything made by them. I appreciate the OP posting this, but I'd be wary of wild tangent.

Taken from wikipedia:

"Some users find that the company's products have an adverse effect on their PC's performance.

WildTangent asserts that the software bundle is safe, but many antispyware programs classify it as adware/spyware, mainly because it reports activity and games played to WildTangent servers, such as number of times played, length of time played and machine specifications, such as OS version, processor speed, RAM, and DirectX version in order to more finely tune games and services to casual gamers. WildTangent is preinstalled on Toshiba, Dell, Gateway, Compaq, and HP computers. [1]

The bundle is removed by the antispyware program Spybot - Search & Destroy, and it is in several Internet hosts files[2] used by many people to block rogue and criminal sites.[3] The antispyware program CounterSpy used to say that it's OK to keep WildTangent, but it now says that the spyware Winpipe is "possibly distributed with the adware bundler WildTangent or from a threat included in that bundler."
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
2553 posts
194 upvotes
POST YOUR HIGH SCORES!
130 281, I gave up once I hit 100 000
Protip : You save more money when you're not on RFD! :lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1477 posts
343 upvotes
jperras wrote: I've had problems in the past with wild tangent installing spyware on my computer. Also it was behind the cause of my computer randomly crashing as it would secretly run in the backround, even while not playing a game. This may have changed, however after that I refuse to download anything made by them. I appreciate the OP posting this, but I'd be wary of wild tangent.

Taken from wikipedia:

"Some users find that the company's products have an adverse effect on their PC's performance.

WildTangent asserts that the software bundle is safe, but many antispyware programs classify it as adware/spyware, mainly because it reports activity and games played to WildTangent servers, such as number of times played, length of time played and machine specifications, such as OS version, processor speed, RAM, and DirectX version in order to more finely tune games and services to casual gamers. WildTangent is preinstalled on Toshiba, Dell, Gateway, Compaq, and HP computers. [1]

The bundle is removed by the antispyware program Spybot - Search & Destroy, and it is in several Internet hosts files[2] used by many people to block rogue and criminal sites.[3] The antispyware program CounterSpy used to say that it's OK to keep WildTangent, but it now says that the spyware Winpipe is "possibly distributed with the adware bundler WildTangent or from a threat included in that bundler."
I can second that from personal experience. WildTangent games are full of spyware and completely murder your computer.

Though, the infection is easily removed by uninstalling any WT games and running Spybot (WildTangent is a known problem to Spybot).

So if you downloaded and it works fine without spyware - great, maybe WT changed their spyware policy once they began implementing in-game ads. However, if you are experiencing extreme slowdown, WT is the culprit. Uninstall and run Spybot - you should be a-ok :)
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
1974 posts
156 upvotes
British Columbia
Thanks, ill pass. I dont want my computer to be infected.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)