Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Chapters Indigo

Chapters phasing out their DVD stocks, some good deals to be had!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2007 5:26 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 11, 2006
578 posts
361 upvotes

[Chapters Indigo] Chapters phasing out their DVD stocks, some good deals to be had!

Hi there,

As it seems many retailers are getting out of the game (see the sad fate of MusicWorld, ) Chapters is the latest company to get burned and leave the stage...

Over the last three days, I was told at various locations that "the store is going out of the DVD business"; consequently, their stocks are on clearance.

I was able to get Collector's Editions of "Ronin" and "Raging Bull" for $7.89 each (retailing at FS for $19.99 and $28.99, respectively)... for that same price you can also get "Moonstruck" (Deluxe Edition), which also costs $22.99 @ FS...

Good hunting!
12 replies
Jun 26, 2004
179 posts
I wonder if this applies on instore or if it will be online as well.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9253 posts
1368 upvotes
Toronto
cesme77 wrote: I wonder if this applies on instore or if it will be online as well.
instore prices often don't equal online prices (pay more shopping instore)
Koodo Mobile Plan | $30 20gb plan
Virgin Plus Internet Plan | $45 300mbps plan

WTS: Keyboards
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5666 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
these are most likely instore prices.
Nov 24, 2007
426 posts
4 upvotes
I liked Ronin, not sure why it got such bad press.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2002
1501 posts
359 upvotes
Walmart has similar titles for 6.88 as well - Ronin was one of them, patch adams and probably about 50 more.
Jun 3, 2007
376 posts
85 upvotes
God's Country
BluRay & HD are gonna be the next thing, so what's the point of buying DVD's? Those things are gonna be like VHS tapes soon.....
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
strangelove9 wrote: As it seems many retailers are getting out of the game (see the sad fate of MusicWorld, ) Chapters is the latest company to get burned and leave the stage...

Over the last three days, I was told at various locations that "the store is going out of the DVD business"; consequently, their stocks are on clearance.
Can you let us know the locations that are having clearance?

A colleague says he can buy any movie for a few dollars each, from the Pacific Mall. It's difficult for real stores selling real copies to compete with those pirated copies from China.

But even without those pirated copies, if you can rent a DVD for $5 or less to watch, few movies can continue to be sold at $20-30. You see so many movie DVDs selling at $20-30 in the beginning, to come way down at $10 in a short time. So either they were marked up way too high in the beginning, or they continue to mis-calculate and lose money. The business model of selling movie DVDs hasn't been working very well.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2003
1252 posts
130 upvotes
Calgary
Both titles still showing full price on Chapters.ca - might just be an instore thing.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3416 posts
37 upvotes
Brampton
Candeeman wrote: BluRay & HD are gonna be the next thing, so what's the point of buying DVD's? Those things are gonna be like VHS tapes soon.....
You can't upconvert and play VHS in a DVD player, but you can upconvert and play DVDs in most ( if not all ) Blu-Ray/HD-DVD players, so your analogy is flawed.
|D
|D [\/] /\ Z
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15214 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
BluRay & HD are gonna be the next thing, so what's the point of buying DVD's? Those things are gonna be like VHS tapes soon.....

LOL, yeah, that's why in one day, Transformers sold more copies on DVD than Blu-ray had ever sold, all titles. Same with HD DVD.

PS. Thanks for the post. I've been waiting for a decent price for that Ronin re-release.
Oct 11, 2006
578 posts
361 upvotes
Two stores in Ottawa that definitely have the sale: Kanata and Gloucester. Downtown also confirmed by associates.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3499 posts
1688 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm guessing they don't have Superbad lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)