Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

30% more BA Miles for your Starpoints when transferring between Jan-Mar 08

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2009 2:11 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 4, 2004
387 posts
247 upvotes

30% more BA Miles for your Starpoints when transferring between Jan-Mar 08

If you transfer your SPG points to British Airways Executive Club between Jan-Mar 08 you get 30% more BA miles.

Minimum points to transfer depends on your tier.

To sweeten the pot they give the 30% bonus on top of the usual 5000 BA mile bonus when transferring 20,000 Starpoints or more. So on a 20K conversion you end up with 32,500 BA miles (20,000+5000)*1.3.

I like the timing of this promo, right before Christmas so you can dump your points in the new year ! :lol:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/st ... _07_ES_O15

Goes well with the current Avion to BA bonus 50% deal[Now Expired]:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=506071
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A B A
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
Wow. Better deal even than the Avion. This yields 1.625x since $20,000 spending = 32,250 points.
Mar 8, 2005
184 posts
Victoria, BC
Remember you can also use Nights and flights award on spg.com

You will get a saving on 5 night award room also. For example, Cat 4 you will need to redeem 70,000 in which 40,000 goes to flight (in this case BA) with the spg bonus then it becomes 50,000 plus 30% transfer bonus. The rest of the 30,000 points goes to the room which is a saving of 10,000 points.

It never click in that the 30% transfer bonus would gave it a ratio of 1.625. Thanks for point it out. Not bad for a no fee credit compare to the $120 Avion fee.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2003
1017 posts
50 upvotes
Bump for 62.5% increased miles in the new year :)
Jul 22, 2004
48 posts
2 upvotes
keen4deals wrote: Remember you can also use Nights and flights award on spg.com

You will get a saving on 5 night award room also. For example, Cat 4 you will need to redeem 70,000 in which 40,000 goes to flight (in this case BA) with the spg bonus then it becomes 50,000 plus 30% transfer bonus. The rest of the 30,000 points goes to the room which is a saving of 10,000 points.

It never click in that the 30% transfer bonus would gave it a ratio of 1.625. Thanks for point it out. Not bad for a no fee credit compare to the $120 Avion fee.
And considering that if you transfer 40,000 starwood points, you get 65,000 BA miles, which is more than one North America - HK direct return flights via Cathay Pacific (only requires 50,000 BA miles)
Aug 6, 2001
526 posts
3 upvotes
Nights and flights is a really good deal. The only problem is that I never stay 5 consecutive nights anywhere to make it worth doing!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
Bump on this. Still active, should not be in expired deals.
Nov 22, 2004
584 posts
15 upvotes
sopen wrote: And considering that if you transfer 40,000 starwood points, you get 65,000 BA miles, which is more than one North America - HK direct return flights via Cathay Pacific (only requires 50,000 BA miles)
I have a feeling the 50K points listed on the BA site for North America <-> HK is wrong.. it sounded too low, so I took a look at the CP site and the Asiamiles site.. it shows 90K miles for economy return.. which makes more sense relative to other points programs...

Be curious if someone can confirm a 50K price point for a return flight to HK..
--

C3

(o"()
Aug 6, 2001
526 posts
3 upvotes
It is not an error. It is 50k BA points to fly on Cathay Pacific to Asia. The availability is limited, I don't think CP opens all their award availability to BA, but that is the correct # of points.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2670 posts
7 upvotes
if you're the primary card holder in the SPG program and your family is the primary card holder of the Avion, can you put them under your name and then do the point transfer?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7534 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
ccubed wrote: I have a feeling the 50K points listed on the BA site for North America <-> HK is wrong.. it sounded too low, so I took a look at the CP site and the Asiamiles site.. it shows 90K miles for economy return.. which makes more sense relative to other points programs...

Be curious if someone can confirm a 50K price point for a return flight to HK..
It's been confirmed a zillion times. BA miles != Asiamiles.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11549 posts
5377 upvotes
Moving target
I have 30,000 starwood points, I have a bit of time to travel in the next few months. Anyone have any suggestions on where I could fly for free? HK is tempting.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2670 posts
7 upvotes
jayk wrote: if you're the primary card holder in the SPG program and your family is the primary card holder of the Avion, can you put them under your name and then do the point transfer?
bump
Mar 8, 2005
184 posts
Victoria, BC
jayk wrote: if you're the primary card holder in the SPG program and your family is the primary card holder of the Avion, can you put them under your name and then do the point transfer?
Hi Jayk

1) sorry but the 50% avion offer is over. watch for it this year. I am sure it will come along again.
2) The avion does not go into SPG, it has to transfer to BA.
3) The best way to combine it is transfer your SPG into your BA account and the family transfer Avion into their BA account. BUT setup a BA household account FIRST, so all the account in the household is combine. Household account can only be redeem for members of the household account.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
sockboy wrote: It is not an error. It is 50k BA points to fly on Cathay Pacific to Asia. The availability is limited, I don't think CP opens all their award availability to BA, but that is the correct # of points.
it's great that it's been confirmed. I guess if you book ahead long time ago, I'm sure you can get a seat at 50K. hopefully they have more transfer promo in the future
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2670 posts
7 upvotes
keen4deals wrote: Hi Jayk

1) sorry but the 50% avion offer is over. watch for it this year. I am sure it will come along again.
2) The avion does not go into SPG, it has to transfer to BA.
3) The best way to combine it is transfer your SPG into your BA account and the family transfer Avion into their BA account. BUT setup a BA household account FIRST, so all the account in the household is combine. Household account can only be redeem for members of the household account.
thank you
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
sopen wrote: And considering that if you transfer 40,000 starwood points, you get 65,000 BA miles, which is more than one North America - HK direct return flights via Cathay Pacific (only requires 50,000 BA miles)
Are you able to book the this Cathay Pacific flight for 50,000 BA miles using British Airway website? or you have to call in?
Mar 8, 2005
184 posts
Victoria, BC
ricedion wrote: Are you able to book the this Cathay Pacific flight for 50,000 BA miles using British Airway website? or you have to call in?
I was able to find flights on BA's website for Cathy Pacific from YVR-Hong Kong. However the website seems to have limits because I was not able to find flights for YVR-LAX using AA.