Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Factory Direct

HDMI Cable $4.88 for those with new TV's...Factory Direct

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2007 12:44 pm
Tags:
None
8 replies
Sep 29, 2002
428 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
Factory Direct.... do I need to say anything else ?
Heatware: sandrasagra :D

FS [TORONTO ONLY] - PMBOK 4TH EDITION $50
Nov 22, 2006
182 posts
Fine if you have a FD local to you - no point paying shipping. Order from monoprice.com instead - guaranteed quality and prices that are close to this.
Sep 25, 2005
261 posts
5 upvotes
*Just as a warning*
A few months back I picked up an HDMI cable at FD for $14 and it turned out to only do 720p or 1080i. When I tried using 1080p there would be red lines all over the screen. I got an hdmi 1.3 cable off ebay for $10 that fixed all my problems.

So if you just want to use it for your 1080i/720p set then it'll be fine, but for 1080p I would definately go with something else!
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11955 posts
3699 upvotes
Kingston
I'm not disputing your experience with the cable you bought at FD, but your conclusions about the capabilities of non-1.3 HDMI cables isn't accurate. According to this article, 1.3a is about future capabilities.

http://www.audioholics.com/education/di ... mi-ver-1.3

Conclusiong excerpt from the article:
All versions of HDMI 1.1 and beyond (the HDMI cable you can purchase today and the kind that have been available for more than three years) are capable of supporting a 1080p image, the most demanding of all the high definition formats. You do not require an HDMI 1.3a interface or cables to enjoy a 1080p image. Further, nothing in the HDMI 1.3 standard improves the quality of existing software. The increased bandwidth is for future applications only.

I went with monoprice.com, but stuck with non-1.3a cables.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2005
1500 posts
52 upvotes
Parts Unknown
Went to the Markham location and these butches didn't get their stock yet. Wasted a drive there.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4081 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
FD sucks! I went to get a LCD mount the picture shows that it tilts. When I get there the mount doesn't tilt. False advertising!
May 26, 2006
339 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
went to FactoryDirect today but there were like 50-60 people waiting outside in line and they were only letting a few in at a time. i had already waiting for an hour outside TechDirect, so i was like screw that!
Sep 4, 2004
292 posts
41 upvotes
Whitby
Factory Direct - Offical suppliers of top quality computer equipment to leading edge computer manufacteurs such as MDG computers ;)