Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Toys R Us

Toys R Us Reminder

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2007 7:58 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes

[Toys R Us] Toys R Us Reminder

There doesn't seem to be a Toys R Us thread, so here it is to remind people of the few good deals.

All Pokemon Video games are 50% off. The games for this sale listed on their website are as follows (with the sale prices):

Pokemon Battle Revolution Wii $24.99
Pokemon Emerald Version GBA $24.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon GBA and DS $20 and $17.49
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl DS $17.49
Pokemon Ranger DS $17.49
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green GBA $12.50

They also have BOGO Free on $34.99 Progressive Scan DVD Players.

RFD Toys R Us Boxing Day Page

Most stores open at 9AM.

I'm planning on picking up a couple copies of Fire Red and Leaf Green for gifts. Maybe a Battle Revolution as well.
27 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
is it just me or are these prices not updated ?

product webpgs and even after adding to cart reveals the normal non-discounted prices
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
mahjongmaniac wrote: is it just me or are these prices not updated ?

product webpgs and even after adding to cart reveals the normal non-discounted prices
Yeah they have yet to update their site. I'm just going to swing by the local TRU in the morning.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
it's the same for the Daenyx dvd players too.

i checked yesterday and today and no such promo or discounts listed.
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1215 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
gsrce wrote: There doesn't seem to be a Toys R Us thread, so here it is to remind people of the few good deals.

All Pokemon Video games are 50% off. The games for this sale listed on their website are as follows (with the sale prices):

Pokemon Battle Revolution Wii $24.99
Pokemon Emerald Version GBA $24.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon GBA and DS $20 and $17.49
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl DS $17.49
Pokemon Ranger DS $17.49
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green GBA $12.50

They also have BOGO Free on $34.99 Progressive Scan DVD Players.

RFD Toys R Us Boxing Day Page

Most stores open at 9AM.

I'm planning on picking up a couple copies of Fire Red and Leaf Green for gifts. Maybe a Battle Revolution as well.
Any way to get a print out of the $24.99 Pokemon Battle Revolution Wii price so we can do a price match? I don't see those prices listed on the website either!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1215 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone was able to purchase the Pokemon Battle Revolution (wii) today for $24.99, can you please post a copy of the receipt -- I'm going to try "price guarantee" at Best Buy tomorrow - DS paid ful price today! I called Toy's RUs but they were sold out and their online purchase don't price match themselves!! Thanks, will be MUCH appreciated!
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
It's almost 3PM and nothing online yet for the Pokemon discount. :mad:
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
Are any of these sales even valid online?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
The flyer with the 1/2 price Pokemon games seems to have went missing from their site and from RFD. I called their online information, and they said the games are not on sale.

I know however that it's on sale in store at the very least because I picked up on Battle Revolution and a copy of fire red and leaf green, all half off.
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
Someone needs to update RFD so TrUS doesn't keep getting this free PR for their non-existent sale. :mad:
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1215 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
REPOSTING for those you didn't read it properly. Yes, the games WERE on sale today in store, NOT online. I went through last weeks flyers & found one that stated on teh last page that all Pokemon games were 1/2 price on boxing day only -- will use that to get "price guarantee" back from Best Buy!
beripari wrote: If anyone was able to purchase the Pokemon Battle Revolution (wii) today for $24.99, can you please post a copy of the receipt -- I'm going to try "price guarantee" at Best Buy tomorrow - DS paid ful price today! I called Toy's RUs but they were sold out and their online purchase don't price match themselves!! Thanks, will be MUCH appreciated!
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
beripari wrote: REPOSTING for those you didn't read it properly.
I wouldn't be insulting RFD brass if I were you. :lol:
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
beripari wrote: If anyone was able to purchase the Pokemon Battle Revolution (wii) today for $24.99, can you please post a copy of the receipt -- I'm going to try "price guarantee" at Best Buy tomorrow - DS paid ful price today! I called Toy's RUs but they were sold out and their online purchase don't price match themselves!! Thanks, will be MUCH appreciated!
that's right.

they claim that they're "separate entities" and hence they can't PM themselves for online spcls/pricing/promos...

-_-

-------
gsrce wrote: I know however that it's on sale in store at the very least because I picked up on Battle Revolution and a copy of fire red and leaf green, all half off.
deal is def.'ly on instore since it's advertised in the flyer.

also, prices scan-in at discounted price.

i p/u battle rev. (wii)

if anyone's interested, pokemon xD: GoD (GCN) is $17.50

no clue why online sale never happened.
MJM

Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
mahjongmaniac wrote: no clue why online sale never happened.
they want you at the store so while looking for what you need, maybe you'll find something else that you like and buy it too. it's all marketing :rolleyes:
Mar 23, 2007
978 posts
zellers doesn't pay attention to pm's so i'll pm there :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1215 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
litobro wrote: zellers doesn't pay attention to pm's so i'll pm there :twisted:
Really? When did they stop price matching??
mahjongmaniac wrote: that's right.
they claim that they're "separate entities" and hence they can't PM themselves for online spcls/pricing/promos... :
Isn't that ridiculous especially when their flyers state in extremelly large letters "bring in any competitors ad & we'll beat it by 10%". If they're separate entities, then they must be a competitor? Wouldn't that be an interesting argument !?!
Vinman wrote: I wouldn't be insulting RFD brass if I were you. :lol:
Thanks for the chuckle!!!!!
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
the_fm wrote: they want you at the store so while looking for what you need, maybe you'll find something else that you like and buy it too. it's all marketing :rolleyes:
Sure, but without putting at least *some* sale items online, it creates buyer dissatisfaction and potentially lost sales through the year. I know I won't go out of my way to shop there after this time-waster.

FS and BB know the deal, most of the stuff is at the stores, but they still toss the online guys a bone to keep us happy.
Nov 5, 2007
471 posts
53 upvotes
Not related to Pokemon- but I noticed they had Warhawk for the PS3 on for $59 (the one that includes the headphone). They even had stock online.

Not a bad deal, it's $69 everywhere else I've seen it. I know TRU had a Warhawk sale a month or two ago, but it sold out almost instantly and I couldnt find it anywhere. Ended up getting it from London Drugs for $69...

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... age=family
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
69 upvotes
My husband got our son up early and went to the Toys'r'us near Square One. He wanted a Nintendo Pokemon game. Hubby said there was hardly anyone there and they got there at 8:20. Found few games but my son was able to pick up one he wanted. There were NO sale signs up. At the cash, it scanned in reg price. There was one flyer around to look at. Cashier had to take out a calculator to figure out how much the game cost! And punch it in manually.

Then hubby took our son over to Wal-Mart at Square One on his hunt for Stargate DVDs. It was packed. Decided he'd buy our son a game on sale for $10 (son used allowance money on the Pokemon one). However there was a crowd of adults around the Nintendo games. So my son crawled UNDER some legs and came back with Happy Feet. He's 7 and small :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5666 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
Angela V wrote: My husband got our son up early and went to the Toys'r'us near Square One. He wanted a Nintendo Pokemon game. Hubby said there was hardly anyone there and they got there at 8:20. Found few games but my son was able to pick up one he wanted. There were NO sale signs up. At the cash, it scanned in reg price. There was one flyer around to look at. Cashier had to take out a calculator to figure out how much the game cost! And punch it in manually.

Then hubby took our son over to Wal-Mart at Square One on his hunt for Stargate DVDs. It was packed. Decided he'd buy our son a game on sale for $10 (son used allowance money on the Pokemon one). However there was a crowd of adults around the Nintendo games. So my son crawled UNDER some legs and came back with Happy Feet. He's 7 and small :)
I wonder if scanning code would have applied to this, althought it wasn't a posted price but was in the flyer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)