• Feb 11th, 2008 8:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6764 posts
2096 upvotes

Damaged Zipper On Sweater

As the title suggests, one of my zip-up sweaters got pretty messed up, as it's lost some "locks" (I don't know what else to call them, "zips"?). I don't even play around with the zipper or use it often after I wear it (I zip it up 4/5 of the way and just leave it there, I don't zip it up and down constantly through out the day), and this happens. It's lost enough that theres like 1-3 sections where one side is holding on nothing, hence its easy to start unzipping (the zipped up parts can become undone if you pull on the hole that is created due to the one side of the zipper holding onto nothing; hope I'm making sense here) the area near the lost "locks". Is there anywhere I can get to fix my zipper, or help me remove the damaged zipper, and sew on a new one (of course, it wouldn't be the exact same factory zipper, but just one that's of similar style)?

By the way, please, just to prevent anybody giving the sarcastic answer, yes I know an option is to buy a new sweater, before anyone gives me that answer.
3 replies
Sep 21, 2007
91 posts
Vancouver
Usually an alterations place should be able to change the zipper for you.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
35 upvotes
Scarborough
I've also got several jackets and sweaters with a broken zip, but they sit in my wardrobe because these sewing/alterations places want to charge me $1.50 or $2 per inch. Which means with a medium length jacket, I'd have to pay about $60 to replace the zip!

I'd love to know if there's someone to do it cheaper.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3558 posts
26 upvotes
just get your mom or someone handy like a mom to do it. my mom always fixes my clothes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)