Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DealExtreme.com

Unlocked Touch for $229 with WM6 PRO (GSM)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2008 12:48 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 13, 2008
136 posts
4 upvotes

[DealExtreme.com] Unlocked Touch for $229 with WM6 PRO (GSM)

More offers from DealExtreme.com
Both price and specifications look very promising. Although it has not been stated that this is exactly the HTC touch, reading from the feedbacks claim this in fact is the real deal. It has a htc logo, feel and look exactly the same.
It is also coming from DX, which has good reputation.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12811

Cheers~
50 replies
Apr 5, 2004
578 posts
4 upvotes
Has anyone here ordered this? Any comments?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
This is GSM. Does Fido or Rogers offer the HTC Touch?

It definitely won't work on Bell Mobility.

Acanac Internet 50/10 FTTN $36 24 months; $61 afterwards
Banned
Mar 19, 2005
2563 posts
66 upvotes
was going to post this but wasnt sure how rfd felt about fakes..this isnt a real htc touch even tho it is very much like it
Jan 13, 2008
136 posts
4 upvotes
mystery wrote: This is GSM. Does Fido or Rogers offer the HTC Touch?

It definitely won't work on Bell Mobility.
Rogers has it, but not fido. No, it wont work on Bell or Telus.
Jan 13, 2008
136 posts
4 upvotes
cechlin wrote: was going to post this but wasnt sure how rfd felt about fakes..this isnt a real htc touch even tho it is very much like it
I would agree if it didnt have HTC logo on it or if it ran on some 3rd party OS. It looks legit to me cause the WM6 pro and a buyer claims to have a phone that has a HTC logo on it. It can be some kind of overstock in China and they want to get rid of it by selling overseas.

Calling it a fake might be inappropriate this time, more or less a replica.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
Would this work on Fido on their pre-paid service?

Acanac Internet 50/10 FTTN $36 24 months; $61 afterwards
Feb 10, 2006
743 posts
384 upvotes
Winnipeg
This could easily be the real deal, however it is listed as tri band without 850MHz. Which means it may be the euro version as a lot of their phones don't have 850, which is critical for good service out here
Jan 13, 2008
136 posts
4 upvotes
ashhabib wrote: This could easily be the real deal, however it is listed as tri band without 850MHz. Which means it may be the euro version as a lot of their phones don't have 850, which is critical for good service out here
Rogers support both GSM 850 and 1900. Fido also supports GSM 1900. Pardon my ignorance and perhaps I am lucky, but I have used a foreign GSM 1900 phone on Fido in the past 3 years without any problems. Can you explain why we might not be able to get good service with GSM 1900?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
3144 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
[QUOTE]Yes it has a HTC-logo. Even back is identical to the back of the HTC touch.

Tried soft reset with no luck.

I have my sms text messages on the phone, and the pin does work, so it can't be that.

I am still curious what on earth the "China mobile" text in the upper left corner of my screen has to do with anything...

:( I was so looking forward to this. [/QUOTE]

that's a quote from someone who made the purchase from DX..
looks like sth tht fell off the china mobile truck or something like that..

anyhow..good deal
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3165 posts
232 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
JLennon1009 wrote: Rogers support both GSM 850 and 1900. Fido also supports GSM 1900. Pardon my ignorance and perhaps I am lucky, but I have used a foreign GSM 1900 phone on Fido in the past 3 years without any problems. Can you explain why we might not be able to get good service with GSM 1900?
I have a euro phone as well and I've had significant signal problems. My K750i was euro banded missing the 850 band and inside buildings signal would be non-existant yet as soon as I walk outside I would gain it back. I was kind of like that commercial for Rogers with the guy talking and me looking with envy.

Although I don't use it anymore and have since switched to quadband.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Sep 12, 2005
11 posts
1 upvote
This is definitely a fake HTC. You can tell buy the back part of the phone also the charger is some made in china with chinese characters on it. If it where HTC, they would of sold it was HTC and more people would want to buy it.
Jan 25, 2007
93 posts
1 upvote
i have the htc and by all means it looks almost the same
but by just looking at those pictures, i don't think it's legit.
But what's the difference if it works =p hehe
Jan 13, 2008
136 posts
4 upvotes
It looks like most people here inlcuing myself are skeptical about this phone. I guess we should all wait until someone purcahsed it from DX and do a review. I already have the iphone but I am honestly not happy with it. That includes no good 3rd part apps and random malfunctions. A cheap WM6 should solve most of my needs and problems.
Apr 5, 2005
360 posts
2 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
This is a FAKE (REPLICA) China Made Version of HTC Touch, they look the same except those accessories and the box. Since those Chinese cellular phone manufacturer dont have the manpower to design their own product, they rather make a replica from existing manufacturers..Last time when I went to Hong Kong, some cell phone stores are selling the CHINA MADE REPLICA N95 (8GB) version for half of the real one's price and it was told that phone was some "off the truck" products from some NOKIA insiders but once I see the box, it was really a REPLICA Nokia N95, battery was fake with the old Nokia labels and the box looks really FAKE with reprints that color quality is much POOR then the real box...so BEWARE !! Those irreponsible manufacturer's in China has the ability to make REPLICA phones and spreading the market with some non-sense deals....!!!
Oct 30, 2005
775 posts
1 upvote
ashhabib wrote: This could easily be the real deal, however it is listed as tri band without 850MHz. Which means it may be the euro version as a lot of their phones don't have 850, which is critical for good service out here
Well said. Lack of 850MHz band can cause dropped calls at times. Not recommended at all.
Jan 13, 2008
136 posts
4 upvotes
Cyrus the Great wrote: Well said. Lack of 850MHz band can cause dropped calls at times. Not recommended at all.
I still don't get it. Fido only support gsm 1900. Does it mean all fido users will experience drop calls?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
JLennon1009 wrote: I still don't get it. Fido only support gsm 1900. Does it mean all fido users will experience drop calls?
It really depends where you are. You get pretty good coverage most places with 1900. But there are some 850 towers in places where 1900 coverage is poor or non-existent, e.g. some rural areas etc. So for optimum coverage on Fido and or Rogers, a phone with both bands is best.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)