Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12183 posts
5650 upvotes
Ottawa

Prescription Sunglasses

Hello, I am looking for a pair of prescription sunglasses, any idea where to shop for one ? I will check Hakim/Costco/Laurier over the weekend.

I have near-sightedness and need my glasses to see things from a distance. I have tried contact lenses before but I am not particularly fond of putting them on and taking them off, hence the need for prescription sunglasses.

I have thought about buying the lenses and put them on top of my current glasses but I would like to find a stylish pair of prescription sunglasses if possible.

Your thoughts ?

P.S: Is it treated as regular prescription glasses and covered with insurance ?
2 replies
Oct 31, 2005
322 posts
20 upvotes
some stores will bill them as regular glasses so u can get it covered by insurance... i know u can do it with a few stores at p-mall
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes
My solution is to have a prescription glasses and add a clip-on. For my case, a factory clip-on that goes with the frame. You can also pick whatever brand name frame you like (that can put a prescription glass on) and ask them to make a prescription sunglasses.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)