Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples HP TX2110ca tablet laptop $999-$40=$959 at most

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2008 6:23 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 17, 2005
280 posts
6 upvotes

[Staples] Staples HP TX2110ca tablet laptop $999-$40=$959 at most

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... B404DBF780

[IMG]http://www.staples.ca/ENG/images/produc ... _1_enl.jpg[/IMG]

You can apply more than two coupons (20/150 - 89015 and 20/150 - 89017)to bring the price down to $940, which may be the cheaptest tablet pc you can find. This one's specs are even better than the $1099 ones at bestbuy or futureshop.

This tablet pc got some best review out there. Very suitable for a student in my opnion. I got mine from costco when it was $1049. Love it. the tablet function on vista has improved a lot from xp tablet pc edition. With 3GB ram and 2.2G cpu this thing runs fairly quick. The only cons I can say is the screen is a little grainy due to a layer of material that I assume is for the touch screen and digitizer pen purpose. Other than thatn this tablet has almost everything you want in a portable laptop (no fancy graphics of course). I have heard the following model is coming out which improved the graphics with ati hd3200 chip, that's why those stores are clearing this out. But the new line won't be as cheap for another several months I guess.

The specs from hp website
http://h20386.www2.hp.com/CanadaStore/P ... ail=P36455
================
Processor type
AMD Turion
15 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
2160 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I've seen this model displayed in the store for months and months. It's been progressively scuffed, smudged, and twisted around and left on 24 hours a day.
Pepsi: First a XBox360, then a Samsung 40" LCD HDTV, then a Sony Ericsson W300i, then a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV, then a ...

Coke: What!? This isn't a $2249 Dell Inspiron 6000! It's an entry level $899 laptop! But hey, thanks for the two Nintendo Wii's!
Jun 17, 2005
280 posts
6 upvotes
I'd say it's a deal in you are in the market for tablet pc. Don't know why but hp don't make this in intel version, even the tx2500 coming out has amd and ati integrated solution.

As far as performance, the 2.2G turion isn't bad at all. with the 6150 graphic I can play 1080i video with no frame lost. The battery life could be better if intel cpu used. This one has less then 3h with the 6cell battery.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2007
1386 posts
29 upvotes
Burnaby
It's been this price for a while in store and the TX1420CA is only $100 (approx) cheaper, the only difference is the processor and active vs passive digitizer (active is more responsive)

Apparently a newer (more of an upgrade) version will be release in the next few months.
Dec 31, 1969
Snowy wrote: It's been this price for a while in store and the TX1420CA is only $100 (approx) cheaper, the only difference is the processor and active vs passive digitizer (active is more responsive)

Apparently a newer (more of an upgrade) version will be release in the next few months.
The TX1420CA has been on for $799.99 at Office Depot for a few weeks now. I bought one but ended up taking it back...for numerous reasons.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1148 posts
232 upvotes
PACIFIC
The TX2500 w/ Puma platform should be released anyday now. I'd say it's worth the wait if you're not in a super rush for a new tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6023 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
selpats wrote: The TX1420CA has been on for $799.99 at Office Depot for a few weeks now. I bought one but ended up taking it back...for numerous reasons.
I'd be interested in an enumeration of those reasons. Could you explain?

When I've seen the HP tablets in FS, they seem to blow a lot of hot air. That makes me shy away from them.

The quoted memory is quite odd: 3072 MB (2 x 1536 MB)
Perhaps they mean: 1x2048 + 1x1024.
Apr 17, 2007
19 posts
Toronto
Hugh wrote: I'd be interested in an enumeration of those reasons. Could you explain?

When I've seen the HP tablets in FS, they seem to blow a lot of hot air. That makes me shy away from them.

The quoted memory is quite odd: 3072 MB (2 x 1536 MB)
Perhaps they mean: 1x2048 + 1x1024.
For one, the tx1000 series has a passive digitizer which, means that it requires physical contact with the screen in order for the screen to register anything. Passive digitizers are also less accurate when it comes to handwriting recognition.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
here's a shorter URL http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... bid=737019
;)
forrestsun wrote: I have heard the following model is coming out which improved the graphics with ati hd3200 chip, that's why those stores are clearing this out. But the new line won't be as cheap for another several months I guess.
not so sure it's being cleared-out. price is not indicative of so.
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Nov 1, 2006
548 posts
1 upvote
Main difference, yes. Maybe some specs but you can figure that out.

Now, does anyone know where I can get a TX2114ca? I know Futureshop used to sell it but now it's not even on their site...