Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Infonec

Official GT5 Wheel - Logitech Driving Force GT (PS3) $105

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2008 2:32 am
Tags:
None
Aug 11, 2003
171 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Infonec] Official GT5 Wheel - Logitech Driving Force GT (PS3) $105

More offers from Infonec
Hi everyone, first deal post:

Official Gran Turismo 5/Prologue driving wheel:

Logitech Driving Force GT for PS3

MSRP: $169.99

INFONEC: $105

Here is a review/specs of the new wheel

They don't have much stock, I picked one up yesterday at Toronto downtown location. They had two more remaining at that shop. This is a great deal for those unsure about spending $200+ on the G25 wheel. Call the store before visiting.

Package contains wheel, pedals, AC adaptor. Wheel works great, great feedback when playing GT5P. Recognized by PS3 (plug and play), and auto-calibrates. GT5p is a lot more fun with the wheel than the sixaxis.

I don't know of any other retailers selling this wheel in Canada, and the American shops don't ship to Canada either.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1125 posts
257 upvotes
Calgary
Cool, looks like all the new steering wheels have more than 180 degrees lock to lock *looks at his old driving force*
Dec 8, 2005
657 posts
43 upvotes
The old Driving Force Pro had 900 degrees as well. I own it, it's a great wheel. However, I found that you really don't need that much rotation on the wheel in racing games. Now, if it was a parallel parking simulator... :cheesygri

If this deal was for the G25, I would skip out of work right now to pick one up.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1037 posts
66 upvotes
Whats the diff from the G25, besides the gear shift being on the wheel?
Dec 8, 2005
657 posts
43 upvotes
DoneDeal wrote: Whats the diff from the G25, besides the gear shift being on the wheel?
Driving Force has a sequential shifter (with buttons behind the wheel to shift as well)

G25 has a gated shifter, with a clutch pedal. Also has metal paddle shifters.

Build quality is different as well. The G25 uses metal and real leather.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
3036 posts
1205 upvotes
DoneDeal wrote: Whats the diff from the G25, besides the gear shift being on the wheel?
The G25 has clutch, this one doesn't which is why I'm not buying this.
Dec 5, 2004
839 posts
29 upvotes
Control
24-position realtime adjustment dial: Fine-tune brake bias, traction control system (TCS), and other settings on the fly for unprecedented control over your car's performance.
[IMG]http://www.logitech.com/repository/659/jpg/6527.1.0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.logitech.com/repository/659/jpg/6525.1.0.jpg[/IMG]
Aug 11, 2003
171 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ChaoZ wrote: Driving Force has a sequential shifter (with buttons behind the wheel to shift as well)

G25 has a gated shifter, with a clutch pedal. Also has metal paddle shifters.

Build quality is different as well. The G25 uses metal and real leather.

the Driving Force GT (DFGT) also has paddle shifters.

Check reviews for details of the wheel build quality; it's a nice grippy rubber.

Overall, it's a great buy for those uncertain about plunging in deep with $230 on the G25 (from swiftgamers, who doesn't always carry stock) but still want to get their toes wet.

It also works for other driving sims, like NFS:prostreet and probably GRID (I have yet to try). The kickback on the wheel is amazing!
Dec 8, 2005
657 posts
43 upvotes
pureangst wrote: the Driving Force GT (DFGT) also has paddle shifters.

Check reviews for details of the wheel build quality; it's a nice grippy rubber.

Overall, it's a great buy for those uncertain about plunging in deep with $230 on the G25 (from swiftgamers, who doesn't always carry stock) but still want to get their toes wet.

It also works for other driving sims, like NFS:prostreet and probably GRID (I have yet to try). The kickback on the wheel is amazing!

It's a great deal, sure. Just not worth the upgrade for me (I already own the Driving Force Pro). And to nitpick, but NFS Prostreet and GRID aren't actually sims :D
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2552 posts
403 upvotes
Durham Region
G25 FTW! I currently playing GRID with it and it's the best driving experience ever! Well virtual that is...
Oct 16, 2007
122 posts
7 upvotes
Can you use the clutch in GT5 ? I guess not or it would seem odd that the official steering didn't have a clutch.

Although I would still get the G25 to use on the PC also.. (even if the Driving Force GT would probably also work on the PC).
Aug 2, 2006
351 posts
4 upvotes
the clutch can be used in gt5
BerinG wrote: Can you use the clutch in GT5 ? I guess not or it would seem odd that the official steering didn't have a clutch.

Although I would still get the G25 to use on the PC also.. (even if the Driving Force GT would probably also work on the PC).
Mar 5, 2008
374 posts
119 upvotes
You can also buy it at NCIX for $106. I bought it from there because I am in BC and I can pick it up.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2008
1144 posts
1260 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC
I just bought one today at Best Buy for $89.99. Great deal!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)