Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

"August 8" All-you-can-eat Sushi & Dim Sum HAMILTON, ON

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2009 11:06 am
Tags:
None
Oct 11, 2007
424 posts

"August 8" All-you-can-eat Sushi & Dim Sum HAMILTON, ON

NW corner of Hughson and Wilson
Lunch $12.99 weekdays, $14.99 weekends (I have not tried dinner). $1.99 pop, free refills.

http://www.restaurantica.com/on/hamilto ... /23415391/ (thanks jhung for the link)

Not hot for price, hot for quality considering quantity, because there aren't too many all-you-can-eat sushi places around Hamilton that I know of.

This is the name of the restaurant in reference to the lucky asian number 8 twice, and on its side, infinity twice.

Kind of a hidden gem in not the greatest neighborhood but a recently $$$ renovated dim sum restaurant, I would say aesthetics 3.5/5 and food 4/5 (5/5 being something like RuthChris), although I am not a professional food critic.

I've been there 4 times now with my family, service is excellent, staff mainly speak english, mandarin, and cantonese.
AMAZING food, presented well. It is not a buffet, you order from a menu of over 100 numbered items and they are brought to you in small portions, however, order as much as you want. The key is to order 3-5 things each person right off, and order more when they come back to serve you. They have a few Canadian selections, the beef tenderloin is surprisingly tender, and no, for all you jokesters out there, none of it is of the canine/feline or whatever variety :lol:
Save room for the banana tempura with ice cream!

Rules on the menu mention a 2h time limit and uneaten food to be charged at regular price although we have broken both and they have never enforced it. I think it's just to discourage abuse.

The owner is a patient of my father who is a Family Practitioner, M.D. Other than that, I have no affiliation with this place.

Perhaps not authentic Japanese food, but it's fresh and fast to your table. So if you are a Sushi connoisseur, it may not be for you. I don't know any better when it comes to Sushi and all the different kinds I tried blew me away.

Beats fat-laden Mandarin sneezed on buffet!
29 replies
Banned
Mar 19, 2005
2563 posts
66 upvotes
i drove by there with my girlfriend about half an hour ago, and saw the sign out front, now that its posted on rfd i guess ill have to try it and report back :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
thanks, will check it out later in June.
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1400 posts
21 upvotes
Markham
been here with some friends... was pretty good from what i remember, dimsum + jap food...is an awesome combo
Mar 31, 2008
64 posts
44 upvotes
I've been there for lunch, too. I agree it's pretty good. I recommend the seaweed salad.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1418 posts
570 upvotes
Mmm, why can't we get deals like this here in Ottawa?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4736 posts
204 upvotes
yes but the real question here is.......is this asian restaurant clean? :o

$15 bucks for a lunch buffet plus drink? IMO, I find all buffet places not worth it, but that's just me... :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2006
1855 posts
340 upvotes
gretzky99 wrote: yes but the real question here is.......is this asian restaurant clean? :o

$15 bucks for a lunch buffet plus drink? IMO, I find all buffet places not worth it, but that's just me... :cheesygri
Dont lie to yourself. There is no such thing.
Opinions posted are that of my own and do not reflect that of any organization.

GTA AYCE Sushi Guide

What is a marriage if not an opportunity to mock someone through thick and thin while simultaneously exploring your deepest, darkest sexual desires - Californication.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1980 posts
263 upvotes
Ottawa
240sxer wrote: Mmm, why can't we get deals like this here in Ottawa?
Slightly more expensive, but Sushi Kahn on Merivale is all you can eat and some of the best sushi I've had in Ottawa.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1538 posts
421 upvotes
Richmond, BC
maybe i am just used to all you can eat resteraunts....so this does not seem like a hot deal at all...that price seems average or even high...i can get lunch/late night All you can eat in richmond for the same price....
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3571 posts
2935 upvotes
GTA
Kingmoo wrote: put the location in the title
You mean the name of the restaurant as in "August8", or you mean "Calgarians need not read" ? :twisted:
Apr 1, 2006
156 posts
41 upvotes
Ontario
My wife and I really like this place. We've been there twice now. The only other place we've been to in Hamilton is Sushi Day which is also somewhat new. But we like the August8 much better (newly reno'd and cleaner inside)
I love eating the sashimi, and i've never been disappointed. I forget what the dinner price is $18 or something like that. I usually stuff myself silly with sashimi, and some chicken and beef teryaki (very good).
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2001
4799 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
gretzky99 wrote: yes but the real question here is.......is this asian restaurant clean? :o

If you step into a clean Asian restaurant, you're definitely in the wrong place.

Either they're not really Asian, the food suck or both.
Mark77 wrote: That's not very nice....and you're missing out on a lot of valuable knowledge if you ignore me. Your loss.
Oct 11, 2007
424 posts
I apologize for not putting the location in the title, I'm still relatively newb, is there a way to edit the title?

Anyways, the cleanest food is the extent to which you prepare it yourself at home. That's why I put aesthetics at this place 3.5/5, cleaner than most Asian restaurants, 3 being acceptable, again, I'm not a pro critc. Although, I much rather eat here than a buffet because all food is brought to your table, it is not a buffet where people, ignorant to disease transmission or just don't care, have gone to the bathroom, not washed their hands, touched the tongs, sneezed on what's out, dropped the spoon and put it back, etc, etc.
Oct 18, 2007
219 posts
8 upvotes
krazynuck wrote: maybe i am just used to all you can eat resteraunts....so this does not seem like a hot deal at all...that price seems average or even high...i can get lunch/late night All you can eat in richmond for the same price....
That's because there's basically an AYCE sushi restaurant on every street in Richmond --> competition :lol:
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
3940 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby
+1, my sushi dinners with uni, unagi, hamichi, amiebi and other challenging delights comes out to the same $15/person. Haven't found a deal with buffets unless I gourge myself.
gretzky99 wrote: ...
Caveat Emptor! :rolleyes:
You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate. ;)
RFD is EVIL :twisted:
Mar 26, 2006
26 posts
4 upvotes
SAN66 wrote: Slightly more expensive, but Sushi Kahn on Merivale is all you can eat and some of the best sushi I've had in Ottawa.
1000 Sushi Islands on Carling avenue is also all you can eat, 12.99 lunch 19.99 for dinner
Oct 11, 2007
424 posts
tidus wrote: That's because there's basically an AYCE sushi restaurant on every street in Richmond --> competition :lol:
The first time I heard of an AYCE sushi place was when I went to visit my friend in Vancouver 10y ago, he raved about it. Still good out there?