Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

Kenmore Elite HE5 FrontLoad Washer/Dryer blue : 1999 with free delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2008 1:57 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 13, 2007
58 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto

[Sears] Kenmore Elite HE5 FrontLoad Washer/Dryer blue : 1999 with free delivery

Kenmore Elite HE5T color :pacific blue/black/red FrontLoad Washer/Dryer
Sears has it clearance from today $1999($500 off) with free delivery if you use sears card/searsMastercard.
Kenmore Elite HE5T 4.0 cu. ft. King size Washer. Model no : 47087
Kenmore Elite HE5T 7.0 cu. ft. Super Capacity Electric Dryer : Model no : 87087

Link below
http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000OBYG ... =396506011
18 replies
Nov 13, 2007
58 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
I bought blue color with matching pedestal
washer/dryer : $1999
Pedestal : $400 (reduced from 460)
I used sears card and got Free delivery with $20 gift card from Sears.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
3513 posts
69 upvotes
Bowmanville
Just purchased these today to be delivered in to our new home in about a month. We've been looking at washers/dryers for awhile now and although the colour isn't exactly what we wanted, the price is right.
Nov 13, 2007
58 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
cjpark wrote: Just purchased these today to be delivered in to our new home in about a month. We've been looking at washers/dryers for awhile now and although the colour isn't exactly what we wanted, the price is right.
What color did u pick. Did you get HE5 or HE5T ?. we got HE5T on this deal.
Sep 25, 2006
410 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know where I can find reviews of washers and dryers? I need to do some research before I buy.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
3513 posts
69 upvotes
Bowmanville
There are a few reviews on epinions.com

We had no choice in colour, only option available for that price was the blue...but its alright, there are worse colours out there.

I thought HE5t referred to washer and HE5 referred to the dryer, maybe I'm wrong. Pretty sure thats what we got anyway.
Apr 9, 2003
370 posts
why don't spend more and get the ones that use steam?
Have a great Deal
Pinuzz
--------------------
Aug 14, 2006
258 posts
85 upvotes
bought this set on Saturday as well. I am still debating whether I should keep the 5 years extended warranty the seller hypnotized me into buying... (300$) I am thinking those are high end machines and should not give me too much trouble.
Mar 11, 2007
470 posts
meds06 wrote: bought this set on Saturday as well. I am still debating whether I should keep the 5 years extended warranty the seller hypnotized me into buying... (300$) I am thinking those are high end machines and should not give me too much trouble.
Personally, i think the 5 year warranty on the front loaders is a good buy. Ive read alot of things can go wrong with these machines (front loaders in general) and they are expensive as hell to fix. i even purchased the extended plan when i got mine and i NEVER buy extended plans. So far so good and its a good feeling being covered for the next 4 years, 11 months!

This seems like a good deal. I got the Whirlpool Duet HT set for 1799 at FS...suprised they gave it to me at that price!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4578 posts
2481 upvotes
1999+300=2299 ... hmm seems a bit much considering I was able to purchase the Samsung Silvercare 337 set last month in red with delivery for $2390 at The Brick (after Price Matching Leon's before taxes incl. a 5-yr warranty on both W/D). Since you're probably already committed to buying the Kenmores, see if you can save some $ by just getting the warranty on the Washer? Usually that's the one that will be more expensive to repair.
meds06 wrote: bought this set on Saturday as well. I am still debating whether I should keep the 5 years extended warranty the seller hypnotized me into buying... (300$) I am thinking those are high end machines and should not give me too much trouble.
Aug 14, 2006
258 posts
85 upvotes
thank you for the advice, I would not mind paying 150$ for extra warranty on my washer.
VANTIS wrote: Personally, i think the 5 year warranty on the front loaders is a good buy. Ive read alot of things can go wrong with these machines (front loaders in general) and they are expensive as hell to fix. i even purchased the extended plan when i got mine and i NEVER buy extended plans. So far so good and its a good feeling being covered for the next 4 years, 11 months!

This seems like a good deal. I got the Whirlpool Duet HT set for 1799 at FS...suprised they gave it to me at that price!
Looks like you've got a really good deal. The Duet is currently on sale at FS for 2000$: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 967&catid=

how much did your extended warranty cost you?
Jan 5, 2004
524 posts
525 upvotes
I had the HE3 for almost 6 years now.
So far, I replaced the washer pump ($100) for the washer and the heating element ($100) for the dryer.
To be fair, I used them a lot.
Mar 11, 2007
470 posts
meds06 wrote: thank you for the advice, I would not mind paying 150$ for extra warranty on my washer.

Looks like you've got a really good deal. The Duet is currently on sale at FS for 2000$: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 967&catid=

how much did your extended warranty cost you?
yeah, i did some bargaining and price portections(s) from the brick. I paid 2070$+ taxes with 5 year warranty on the washer and dryer and in home setup delivery. So 1799 + 220$ warranty + 50$ deivery. I also got a 42 inch panasonic plasma at the time for 999...was a pretty good outing!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2004
1133 posts
Cheap kenmore (rebranded from Frigidaire) front loaders are not a good buy, they're known to have cheap suspension assembly and a spider assembly (aluminum) that will react with the drum (stainless steel) in the presence of an electrolyte. (clothes detergent + water)

This HE5T does not suffer from these problems, except you need clean the washer with bleach from time to time to keep the washer and your clothes free from stink.

BTW, here are reviews of this washer from sears.com
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... ad+Washers
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... ad+Washers
Is the iPhone for you? Find out what's missing from the iPhone!
Jman wrote: They'll keep doing these dirty tricks until we have consumer protection with teeth.
Heatware (2-0-0)
FS:EA NFL 06 for Xbox 360
a
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
We've had the HE3 for 4 years or so. We have a small resort and do at least 1,000 loads per year. We did have to replace a pump motor when my youngest son, 6 years old at the time, left a bunch of finishing nails in his pocket and one found it's way to the pump. Ours is a good machine and I'd buy one again.
Apr 9, 2003
370 posts
nobody cares about steam?
Have a great Deal
Pinuzz
--------------------
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4578 posts
2481 upvotes
I'm sure some people like it but personally, I haven't needed it and have washed my clothes in cold for quite a long time now without any adverse effects in terms of hygiene :cheesygri or clothes coming out dirty. Of course now that I have the Samsung pair I've got Silvercare if I'm really paranoid about it:

silvercare
Pinuz wrote: nobody cares about steam?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)