• Jun 17th, 2008 12:16 am
Tags:
None
Jan 13, 2007
603 posts
24 upvotes
North York

Nike vs. Adidas Soccer Cleats?

I am looking to buy a new pair of recreational soccer cleats and I'm stuck between several in the same price range:

Nike Total90 Shoot FG
Nike Park FG
Adidas Absolado FG

I've never worn Nike cleats so I want to ask for your opinions on them? Do they fit true to size (i'm planning to buy them online)? How are they in general compared to adidas? Also, the new Adidas Absolados look nice, however, are they durable and better than the nikes I suggested above?

Thanks for your thoughts guys!
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
I'd seriously suggest trying a pair on somewhere before you buy them online. I usually have Adidas but tried some Umbro ones on a while back and they were aweful...too stiff at the backs and shredded my ankles..even after I whacked them with a hammer for 10 mins.

I didn't check the makes you suggest in your first post but I strongly suggest you buy leather cleats too, they fit better, breath and I think you can feel the ball better. Also if you play for most of the season you might want a pair of wet weather soft ground cleats and also a pair of dry weather hard ground cleats.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2005
2902 posts
47 upvotes
yeah it depends what type of boots you like. I found ADIDAS boots to be very stiff and rugged and if it fits your style of play then it's all good! Nike boots are a lot softer and allow for a bit my flexibility which I personally like.

but yea +1 to what JC69 said, I always try mine on in a store and then buy online. It also makes me feel better knowing I saved $100+ by buying online haha
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
I recommend trying them at the store. Nike ones are soft since they use some synthetic materials in the uppers. It makes it really soft. What position do u play? It also determines which boots fit u better.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1362 posts
6 upvotes
toronto
when i buy shoes, for whatever purpose, i try them on and pick which one has the perfect fit and where my feet is comfortable.
of course youll know that after you break it in. but still, consider fit and comfort.