• Oct 13th, 2008 2:48 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 15, 2007
382 posts
2 upvotes
Ontario

Men: Shaving Skin Care/Looks

I have very sensitive skin and started showing before I shave and then use Fusion Razor for my face. I have to shave often because most of my hair is above the upper lip and no where else so it looks like i'm growing a mustashe lol. But even when I do shave it looks like I have a mustache because the hair there is so thick and the rest of my face isn't. What can I do?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
2173 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
Use a shaving oil. It'll coat your skin better and give you a closer shave. It'll also protect your skin better than shaving cream. Two other things you could try is to shave after taking a shower, the steam from the shower will open your pores and make it easier to shave. Also, exfoliate the area with a scrub in the shower to take off any dirt and dead skin cells. As far as I know, this will give you the best shave possible.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2004
4154 posts
128 upvotes
I don't think a shaving oil does much. And there are plenty who hold that view as well, if you go to some popular shaving forums. But then again they have plenty of champions.

However, what the previous poster said about beard preparation before a shave is true and very important. You should always shave after a hot shower, so make sure your pores are open and your whiskers are soft. Ideally you want to rub conditioner or a pre-shave cream (Proraso from SDM is excellent) when you hop in the shower. If you cannot shower, then try to wrap a hot towel on your face for a few minutes.

The most important other step is proper lathering and skin exfoliation. Now gilette and others have created a breed of lazy men, but the real way to do this is with a proper badger shaving brush and some good old shaving cream or soap, like your father or grandfather used to do it.

Throw out your canned goop. When you use the brush to massage and create lather, it not only exfoliates your skin, but superhydrates it and raises your hair so they all stand straight and present the blade with the perfect angle to slice them easily. You can never get this from using that goop from Cans and spreading it on your face with your fingers.

Try this. It will help. Again, Proraso makes awesome shave cream (also found cheaply at SDM). A little goes a long long way.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)