Best Men's Winter Jacket

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2008 9:53 pm
May 30, 2008
67 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough

Best Men's Winter Jacket

What's the best winter jacket for canadian weather ? Best jacket for comfort, warm, function, and style.

I've been looking at North Face, Columbia, and Arcteryx as the three most known brands. The later being more expensive.

Thinking of a North Face Nuptse Down Jacket. $250CDN at SportChek.

Any recommendations?

Thanks! :lol:
K
16 replies
May 30, 2008
67 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
Sorry for the broad question.. I'm thinking that there may be a hot jacket out there that I've never come across... any elusive brands that is worth considering other than TNF, Columbia, Arcteryx ? Canada Goose ? MEC ? I'm all about awesomeness and latest/practical gear...
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
2726 posts
98 upvotes
check out what jeans west has to offer (location). i just picked up a nice jack & jones jacket for $135. nice service and other stuff like firebrand and triple5soul.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
For more high end quality jackets Check out Moncler, this is the best winter coat I ever tried on and I was sweating in a t-shirt.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Apr 7, 2005
742 posts
252 upvotes
kenmasters wrote: Sorry for the broad question.. I'm thinking that there may be a hot jacket out there that I've never come across... any elusive brands that is worth considering other than TNF, Columbia, Arcteryx ? Canada Goose ? MEC ? I'm all about awesomeness and latest/practical gear...
I picked up a Wellensteyn jacket at Winners a couple weeks back. I haven't worn it outside yet, but it definitely seems warm.
Nov 28, 2005
45 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
kenmasters wrote: What's the best winter jacket for canadian weather ? Best jacket for comfort, warm, function, and style.

I've been looking at North Face, Columbia, and Arcteryx as the three most known brands. The later being more expensive.

Thinking of a North Face Nuptse Down Jacket. $250CDN at SportChek.

Any recommendations?

Thanks! :lol:
K
Wait until Nov 26-67th and use the 25% Family & Friends discount weekend and buy the North Face Ice jacket. Search for the coupon in the Hot Deals.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Arcteryx I feel their stuff has fallen behind a bit since most of their stuff is made in china now. I can't comment on the other brands though.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6365 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
North Face steep tech or goretex stuff.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
Irbe wrote: Arcteryx I feel their stuff has fallen behind a bit since most of their stuff is made in china now. I can't comment on the other brands though.
a browse through their website leaves me to believe they still use top of the line materials from established fabric companies
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
3078 posts
257 upvotes
<3 my Arc'teryx gear

I think most of the higher end stuff is still made in Canada (ie. jackets), but they've outsourced the making of their sweaters, t-shirts, hats, etc. to China

I got all my stuff a few years back (all made in Canada) and it's going strong.......still looks brand new!
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1759 posts
525 upvotes
Woodbridge
kenmasters wrote: Sorry for the broad question.. I'm thinking that there may be a hot jacket out there that I've never come across... any elusive brands that is worth considering other than TNF, Columbia, Arcteryx ? Canada Goose ? MEC ? I'm all about awesomeness and latest/practical gear...
You forgot about Spyder.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
I think their fleeces are still made in Canda which i have. My shell is made in China which is okay, but not great.
Jul 27, 2008
204 posts
19 upvotes
id love to get a nice canada goose coat but they are hard to find and very expensive!
Mar 31, 2007
327 posts
2 upvotes
MrJ wrote: Wait until Nov 26-67th and use the 25% Family & Friends discount weekend and buy the North Face Ice jacket. Search for the coupon in the Hot Deals.
25% off?!!? good time to buy me gotham.
Where is the coupon?
and 26-27 is a weekday.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5647 posts
119 upvotes
impuls3d wrote: 25% off?!!? good time to buy me gotham.
Where is the coupon?
and 26-27 is a weekday.
ahh He meant 27-28th. Check the Hot Deal section. I am debating if I should get a north face this year... my H&M looks nice but it simply aint warm enough!
Mar 31, 2007
327 posts
2 upvotes
nope, its the 26-27th!
25% off!!
im gonna grab a gotham or ice for sure! lets hope they dont store it at the back. Last time i checked, coast mountain had them for $299.99. It should be $254 in total for the gotham! woot!
Mar 21, 2008
912 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
MrJ wrote: Wait until Nov 26-67th and use the 25% Family & Friends discount weekend and buy the North Face Ice jacket. Search for the coupon in the Hot Deals.
at what store?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)