Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Clearly

Free to try, 4 prescription glasses, Clearlycontacts.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2008 4:20 pm
Aug 6, 2007
133 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary

[Clearly] Free to try, 4 prescription glasses, Clearlycontacts.ca

To help choose a right pair of glasses, Clearlycontacts.ca offers to send 4 frames: free to try. After that you can order the one you like, and send back the frames. Anyone tried that? Any problems?

Sounds interesting, since this way you can be sure to have a right-fit frame, and their prices way cheaper that regular opticians.

Here's how they put those conditions:

Simply browse our huge selection designer glasses, select four of your favorite pairs and within days receive your eyeglass trial pack free of charge. Once you receive your trial pack try them on, wear them around the house and decide which pair of glasses is right for you.

Purchasing eyeglasses the conventional way comes at a steep price. Avoid seeing double, by purchasing your eyeglasses from Clearly Contacts. We offer high quality glasses in a variety of styles including metal frames, plastic frames, rimless and semi-rimless frames at a savings of up to $300 per pair! We guarantee 100% satisfaction to each of our customers. If you are unhappy with your purchase, we'll refund you, or send you a new pair of glasses for free.
29 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario
GeneralDisaray wrote: read the actual post before flaming repost.

Its a free trial of frames not $38 sunglasses
I think what nacho meant to say is the company is already on RFD and they have as long as I remember, even before the $38 glasses, allowed people to trial frames.
Banned
Jul 4, 2008
1434 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
i never really understood the need for people to say "repost"
if it is, then what's the big deal? either the OP will delete the post, leave the post so it dies off, or the mod will merge it.

IMO people who say "repost" are the same people in class who ask if they can use a pencil instead of a pen on the exam... pointless.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
5148 posts
101 upvotes
New to me. Thanks to the OP for pointing it out.
Jan 29, 2005
799 posts
190 upvotes
Winnipeg
GeneralDisaray wrote: read the actual post before flaming repost.

Its a free trial of frames not $38 sunglasses
I DID actually read the other thread and I've been following it for the last couple of months.
The reason I pointed it out was the fact that the info provided by the OP was in the other thread (getting trial pairs of frames sent to you so that you could try them on).
Also if you would have taken the time to read some of the other thread yourself, then you would also have noticed that it is updated periodically with discount codes for things like an extra 25% off or $10 off your order. Along with a host of helpful info from other RFD members. (actually 31 pages and and 461 posts in the last 5 or 6 weeks)

Was I flaming the OP? ---NO
Was I pointing out a long and currently running thread with the same (and more) info than the OP had provided? ---GUILTY AS CHARGED
Are some people way to touchy sometimes?--- YOU DECIDE!
Jun 27, 2005
229 posts
46 upvotes
Were you flaming? it appeared so.

You just showed the link to the other thread and implied it was the same try 4 pairs for free deal, which it is not. A bit more information in your post would have done more for the thread.

Maybe they're not touchy, but tired of the (apparent) attitude.
Sep 4, 2006
380 posts
2 upvotes
Saskatoon
this doesnt belong in hot deals.. no 'deal' to be had, so what if you can try on frames for free? its just their policy thats all..
Aug 6, 2007
133 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
nacho113 wrote: I DID actually read the other thread and I've been following it for the last couple of months.
The reason I pointed it out was the fact that the info provided by the OP was in the other thread (getting trial pairs of frames sent to you so that you could try them on).
Well, if you actually read the thread about Clearlycontacts, you would be aware that there's NO feedback on the offer to try 4 frames and send them back.

That's why I opened this thread, so that people, who tried can offer their comments.
Aug 6, 2007
133 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
pham12h wrote: this doesnt belong in hot deals.. no 'deal' to be had, so what if you can try on frames for free? its just their policy thats all..
Why a policy can't be deal?

It is quite a deal, especially that nobody's offering anything like that.
Sep 4, 2006
380 posts
2 upvotes
Saskatoon
kika55 wrote: Why a policy can't be deal?

It is quite a deal, especially that nobody's offering anything like that.

This belongs more in 'freebies' or shopping discussion.. there is no 'sale', no savings to be had..

besides, they used to have a button on the frame page to "add to trial pack" so you could order those 4 frames to try, now the button is gone..

has anyone actually tried this system? even the OP hasnt..
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3302 posts
1042 upvotes
Alberta
pham12h wrote: This belongs more in 'freebies' or shopping discussion.. there is no 'sale', no savings to be had..

besides, they used to have a button on the frame page to "add to trial pack" so you could order those 4 frames to try, now the button is gone..

has anyone actually tried this system? even the OP hasnt..
i have. i got a complete set for $52. i ordered a trial pack, picked what i want, and got them... all turn around in less than 2 weeks. these are the only glasses ive ever had that i've been consistently complimented on, and i used to wear $300 brand name glasses from lenscrafters
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2008
1610 posts
4 upvotes
Wait, how do you actually order a trial pack?
Sep 4, 2006
380 posts
2 upvotes
Saskatoon
scouzer wrote: i have. i got a complete set for $52. i ordered a trial pack, picked what i want, and got them... all turn around in less than 2 weeks. these are the only glasses ive ever had that i've been consistently complimented on, and i used to wear $300 brand name glasses from lenscrafters
when did you try them? i noticed they stopped putting in the "add to trial pack" button around the time the $38 sale started in oct..
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
1323 posts
411 upvotes
Quebec
Thanks OP for reminding alot of people as I am sure about 90% of the RFD community knows about this deal since time began which means maybe a year since i got my guccis. But thats not really a deal
Aug 6, 2007
133 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
scouzer wrote: i have. i got a complete set for $52. i ordered a trial pack, picked what i want, and got them... all turn around in less than 2 weeks. these are the only glasses ive ever had that i've been consistently complimented on, and i used to wear $300 brand name glasses from lenscrafters
So, how did it work out? Did they charge you for 4 frames initially? After that, did you have to pay shipping for 4 frames back?
Aug 6, 2007
133 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
pham12h wrote: this doesnt belong in hot deals.. no 'deal' to be had, so what if you can try on frames for free? its just their policy thats all..
A "deal" is saving the money, you can save a lot if this offer works out as stated. However, there're a lot of things that need to be cleared out. So, stop thread-crapping
Aug 6, 2007
133 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
lil_azn wrote: Thanks OP for reminding alot of people as I am sure about 90% of the RFD community knows about this deal since time began which means maybe a year since i got my guccis. But thats not really a deal
This is not about reminding, this is about clearing out how this try-out process works and what costs are involved.
Mar 25, 2005
823 posts
25 upvotes
There is no deal on the frames any longer and you really have to double check the power of the lens
I ordered a few frames the first days of November and my frames are still NOT here. Give me a break.
Meanwhile I lost my last pair so I went and bought from an auction for $120 this frames and they will be ready in a few days:
[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/Lo ... atsuda.jpg[/IMG]
I had Matsuda frames before and they are one of my favorite choice.

Will order again from clearlycontacts.ca ONLY if the frames are free.
Hopefully in six months or so.
What I paid is what I got.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)