Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido Nokia 2760 for $25 dollar (month to month) no contract!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2009 12:37 am
Tags:
None
Dec 11, 2003
57 posts

[Fido] Fido Nokia 2760 for $25 dollar (month to month) no contract!

I was on the fido website and saw the 2760 for 25 dollars month to month. I need a replacement phone, do you think i can buy the phone on a new month to month and then cancel within a day? If this works, it's a hot deal.
14 replies
Jul 9, 2005
31 posts
1 upvote
When you read the print below it states - based on new activation with a $35 activation fee. That brings your total to $70. You can buy the phone outright for $75 ...therefore not a hot deal.
May 20, 2007
52 posts
Me too, looking for a replacement cell phone to use with my Fido prepaid plan.

Any suggestions for hot deals are appreciated.
Jun 22, 2005
642 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
activation fee is waived for december,

keep in mind that you have to pay one month's worth of service.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1275 posts
641 upvotes
Where do you see this being stated?
As far as I can tell, it is not mentioned anywhere on fido.ca that the activation is waived for a month.

There is also the possibility that if the phone is bought for $25, and signed up with the month-to-month $15 (cheapest plan), you may end of paying for 2 months of service (or close to it), as they require a 30 day notice of cancellation, but if it is within the first 15 days, they may ask you to return the phone and get credit accordingly. So, you may have to initiate the cancellation after the first 15 days, and then pay for a minimum of 45 days or more.

can't get 'nough dealz wrote: activation fee is waived for december,

keep in mind that you have to pay one month's worth of service.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4062 posts
162 upvotes
Markham
typer wrote: I was on the fido website and saw the 2760 for 25 dollars month to month. I need a replacement phone, do you think i can buy the phone on a new month to month and then cancel within a day? If this works, it's a hot deal.
Any linky?
I see it for $75 on Fido.ca
Apr 14, 2007
378 posts
40 upvotes
it is $25 on a month to month new activation. also, they currently waive the $35 activation fee. I'm assuming you can cancel within 30 days of the activation making it $40 in total ($15 plan).
Alternatively, you could buy the phone on a new prepaid activation for $55 (in a fido corporate store) and you'd receive a $25 airtime bonus credit and you'd skip the hassle of activating, doing a credit check and then cancelling...
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1220 posts
17 upvotes
leof wrote: it is $25 on a month to month new activation. also, they currently waive the $35 activation fee. I'm assuming you can cancel within 30 days of the activation making it $40 in total ($15 plan).
Alternatively, you could buy the phone on a new prepaid activation for $55 (in a fido corporate store) and you'd receive a $25 airtime bonus credit and you'd skip the hassle of activating, doing a credit check and then cancelling...

no, i think you gotta have the phone for 3 months. If you cancel anytime before you get charged the 75 bucks

Why not just buy a used phone for cheap
Either way that nokia phone is garbage!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1559 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
No, lets take OP's phone for $25. You need to select a plan (lets pick the lowest $15 one) and then the activation fees gets tacked on, so you pay $75/- plus taxes upfront at checkout. Right now there is a promo for activation fees which will show asa credit on first invoice.
AND DON'T FORGET THERE IS A CREDIT CHECK.
fatpiggy wrote: Haven't opened a new plan for quite awhile, but don't they charge you the full amount of the phone and then reimburse you a portion of it each month?
If "humans" are capable of the level of advancement that we have made in the last 5000 years, why is it considered normal that the other 395,000 years of human habitation has almost no technological advancement? **************USA: The land of the armed, Home of the scared******************
Sep 1, 2006
268 posts
fatpiggy wrote: Haven't opened a new plan for quite awhile, but don't they charge you the full amount of the phone and then reimburse you a portion of it each month?
Thats koodo you're thinking of
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
3940 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby
What's wrong with the 2760? mine works fine. Of course it doesn't compare to phone several times it's price.
Martinga wrote: ...Why not just buy a used phone for cheap
Either way that nokia phone is garbage!
Caveat Emptor! :rolleyes:
You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate. ;)
RFD is EVIL :twisted:
Dec 15, 2005
390 posts
156 upvotes
back in the day, for fido's no contract phones, you had to use their service for 3 months as well...so it was a min. 3 month contract

so just make sure you double check up if that rule still exists
Dec 14, 2006
267 posts
78 upvotes
Windsor, ON
I see this deal is still active and I'm considering switching from Bell to Fido and getting the Nokia 2760. I'm just wondering if Fido locks stuff down to make you pay more.

Is it possible to copy photos, install ringtones and install J2ME applets via USB or Bluetooth?

What about their $7 "Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing option"? Can I access any WAP site, even those unassociated with Fido? Can I access the Internet from Java applications like Google Maps or Opera Mini? Can I install ringtones, backgrounds and applications from any website (including uploader tools)?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)