Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Flaming, Rock Revolution FULL BUNDLE $69.99!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2008 9:58 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 5, 2004
839 posts
29 upvotes

Flaming, Rock Revolution FULL BUNDLE $69.99!!!

Hey guys, just received my Microplay newsletter, FULL BUNDLE of Rock Revolution is at $69.99 'til Dec. 25th (both X360 & PS3)... here's a pic...(it's in french but who cares... pricing is Universal)...

btw: FS sells it $149.99, BB $129.99 ... pm anyone :cheesygri

[IMG]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4606 ... layhb3.jpg[/IMG]

edit: based on reviews, nobody in their right mind would pay full price for this anyway... enjoy
39 replies
Banned
Jul 31, 2008
1423 posts
21 upvotes
I think I saw the same deal at Costco today.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
I was interested in the game until I found out they didn't include singing because they didn't want it to cannibalize their Karaoke Revolution sales.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Sep 17, 2005
599 posts
68 upvotes
whoa... good for extra backup instruments for RB
XBL - airjordan604 | PSN - airjordan604
Jan 6, 2005
131 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal
I have heard nothing but bad things about this I would avoid.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Many reviews show a score of 3/10. I would avoid it as the review stated the instruments also sucks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
I feel sorry for the kids who receive this present by parents who don't know the difference between Rock Band and Rock Revolution.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4516 posts
159 upvotes
appleb wrote: I feel sorry for the kids who receive this present by parents who don't know the difference between Rock Band and Rock Revolution.
i feel sorry for the parents who have raised kids who can't simply appreciate they even got a pricey xmas present, whether it be rock b and or rock revolution
Jul 19, 2006
113 posts
30 upvotes
Never even heard of this game until I saw this thread.

Decided to check out the reviews for it and the consensus seems to be that the game is awful.

Gamespot: 3.5 out of 10
IGN: 3.0 out of 10
Jan 7, 2007
385 posts
26 upvotes
70$ for a waste of space seems kind of expensive to me! :D
Dec 5, 2004
839 posts
29 upvotes
appleb wrote: I feel sorry for the kids who receive this present by parents who don't know the difference between Rock Band and Rock Revolution.
nitroblu wrote: i feel sorry for the parents who have raised kids who can't simply appreciate they even got a pricey xmas present, whether it be rock b and or rock revolution
+1... oh & appleb, parents (& uncles btw, like me) DO know the difference, give me $120 more & i'll buy my nephew RB2 or WT anytime... but for now, i know he'll be crazy like a fox when he opens the box...
Aug 29, 2007
696 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal
psychoPat wrote: +1... oh & appleb, parents (& uncles btw, like me) DO know the difference, give me $120 more & i'll buy my nephew RB2 or WT anytime... but for now, i know he'll be crazy like a fox when he opens the box...
ok so maybe you cant afford to get him rock band 2, but why not get him 80 dollars worth of something cool instead of 80$ worth of garbage?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1825 posts
2198 upvotes
Markham
http://wiki.scorehero.com/ControllerCompatibility

The drum kit is compatible with the Rock Bands and Guitar Hero World Tour. Though it's probably a better deal to get Rock Band 1 set for $100, since you get a guitar and microphone and better game.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4311 posts
443 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
How's the lag on the controller? I may want to buy it just for the drumkit for use with DTXMania.

on the second thought, the drum layout is terrifically bad.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
Brettimus wrote: ok so maybe you cant afford to get him rock band 2, but why not get him 80 dollars worth of something cool instead of 80$ worth of garbage?
Good point.

If this were the 80s and your kid asked for Optimus Prime, would you get him a Gobot just because they went on sale? If you can't afford Optimus Prime, at least go for Jazz, or if times are really tough... Bumblebee.

In this case, try and find a used Rock Band set (1 or 2), or perhaps just pick up Rock Band 2 with the guitar, and expand the other instruments later on (birthdays, etc.). Or just get a few relatives together to purchase the whole kit new.

Might as well shell out a little more up front, and get a quality game. Judging by all the reviews I have seen, Rock Revolution just doesn't cut it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Or just get the Guitar Hero III for $49 at Toys R Us. It'll be better than this garbage.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1476 posts
602 upvotes
Brettimus wrote: ok so maybe you cant afford to get him rock band 2, but why not get him 80 dollars worth of something cool instead of 80$ worth of garbage?
+1. If the reviews are that bad , it is better to avoid. He may be excited upon opening it but if the game is lousy, it'll just sit there.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1354 posts
566 upvotes
this game is terrible .... I've seen 3 people at work alone return it because it's basically non-functional combination of controller and game.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... revolution

39/100 for either the PS3 or Xbox 360 Version.

After playing it, vs rock band or GHWT, you'd have to pay me $69.99 to own it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)