• Feb 3rd, 2009 2:45 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 15, 2007
936 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond Hill

suggestion on diamond stud.

I'm looking to get a diamond stud , looking for 1 carat.I am a guy :P , but would be open to buying a pair with a combined 1carat.Looking for white gold.Any suggestions on best place to get them for decent prices.Not looking to get them for less than 1k , I'm expecting to spend roughly 1.4-1.6k.Suggestions would be nice ^__^
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
If you're buying it for yourself why not just buy a zirconia? Absolutely noone will know the difference and you can invest the money you save in our rapidly declining stock market :P
Jan 15, 2007
936 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond Hill
JC69 wrote: If you're buying it for yourself why not just buy a zirconia? Absolutely noone will know the difference and you can invest the money you save in our rapidly declining stock market :P
I guess I just want an actual diamond stud .As soon as I learn more about stocks I will definitely invest in some stocks and cross fingers :)
Apr 30, 2008
426 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
nsX- wrote: I'm looking to get a diamond stud , looking for 1 carat.I am a guy :P , but would be open to buying a pair with a combined 1carat.Looking for white gold.Any suggestions on best place to get them for decent prices.Not looking to get them for less than 1k , I'm expecting to spend roughly 1.4-1.6k.Suggestions would be nice ^__^
nsX- wrote: I guess I just want an actual diamond stud .As soon as I learn more about stocks I will definitely invest in some stocks and cross fingers :)

I am myself a diamond wholesaler and would like to let you know a few things before you proceed. First of all, there is a huge difference between a single 1ct diamond and a pair of studs with a total weight of 1ct (1/2ct each). A single 1ct diamond is considerably more expensive and you will have trouble finding a good looking 1ct stone in the price range you mentioned.

Of course, a diamond for an earring does not need to be as high quality as that meant for a ring, mainly because people just don't get to look at earrings as closely. Not sure if you looked at diamond grades, but if you did not, you definitely should, as that will ensure you know what you are getting.

Keep in mind that when you buy a diamond from a retail store, the lighting in the showcases makes pretty much any diamond sparkle and look beautiful, but not all of those diamonds will look just as good when you look at them under regular daylight.
Jan 15, 2007
936 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dog_mumu wrote: I am myself a diamond wholesaler and would like to let you know a few things before you proceed. First of all, there is a huge difference between a single 1ct diamond and a pair of studs with a total weight of 1ct (1/2ct each). A single 1ct diamond is considerably more expensive and you will have trouble finding a good looking 1ct stone in the price range you mentioned.

Of course, a diamond for an earring does not need to be as high quality as that meant for a ring, mainly because people just don't get to look at earrings as closely. Not sure if you looked at diamond grades, but if you did not, you definitely should, as that will ensure you know what you are getting.

Keep in mind that when you buy a diamond from a retail store, the lighting in the showcases makes pretty much any diamond sparkle and look beautiful, but not all of those diamonds will look just as good when you look at them under regular daylight.
yeah I'm willing to put out that price amount for a pair of .5 combining 1carat , for 1carat white gold stud I'd be willing to drop roughly 2.3ish for my budget.