• Aug 2nd, 2009 2:07 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
1057 posts
1 upvote

X2 550BE Batch?

is there any specific batch for X2 550BE for a great unlocking and overclocking?
wanna buy 1 but affraid can't unlock and oc it.. :(
4 replies
Feb 14, 2005
843 posts
623 upvotes
Toronto
Unlocking is a luck of the draw thing. Nothing is guaranteed, regardless of batch numbers. You paid for a dual core processor, and you get a dual core guaranteed. Getting four cores is something extra.

Check out xtremesystems.org where c-buzz has been keeping tabs on which steppings unlock. As you can see on the list, even chips of the same steppings aren't guaranteed to unlock.

In terms overclocking, these BE chips are simple to work with. You should be expecting 3.6ghz with a minor voltage increase. 4.0ghz is a very viable target if you have high end air or water cooling. With these Phenom II chips, keeping them cool is a must. They tend to become unstable once 50C+ is reached, and no additional voltage boost can stabilize them.

If you plan to unlock, you must also get a compatible motherboard. Check out this thread for more info:
http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/53550 ... guide.html
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2004
5321 posts
18 upvotes
Midland
raxen wrote: Unlocking is a luck of the draw thing. Nothing is guaranteed, regardless of batch numbers. You paid for a dual core processor, and you get a dual core guaranteed. Getting four cores is something extra.

Check out xtremesystems.org where c-buzz has been keeping tabs on which steppings unlock. As you can see on the list, even chips of the same steppings aren't guaranteed to unlock.

In terms overclocking, these BE chips are simple to work with. You should be expecting 3.6ghz with a minor voltage increase. 4.0ghz is a very viable target if you have high end air or water cooling. With these Phenom II chips, keeping them cool is a must. They tend to become unstable once 50C+ is reached, and no additional voltage boost can stabilize them.

If you plan to unlock, you must also get a compatible motherboard. Check out this thread for more info:
http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/53550 ... guide.html
thats the word, the cooler you make the phenom's the higher they'll clock
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4000 32 gig kit
Asus Xonar AU | Asus ROG 6600 XT | Corsair RM850X | Fractial Designs Refine R5
Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2 | SG Firecuda 2 Tb | Win 10 Pro
Heatware 45-0|RFDware 13-0
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
1057 posts
1 upvote
ben_liu wrote: Hehe
:lol:

-
yeah i know, it's just no point for me buying it if cant unlock.. :(
i already have mobo which i believe can unlock ga-ma770t-ud3p..

so now, depending on the cpu..