Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1579 posts
58 upvotes
ON

Pioneer Kuro TVs vs KRP monitors - pls advise

I plan to purchase a Pioneer monitor (KRP) or TV (Kuro) along with an AV receiver (Harman Kardon AVR 254 or Marantz SR 5003). I have the speakers. I have no cable or satellite tv subscriptions at this time.

Due to the extended ISFccc calibration options available for the KRP, I'd prefer to acquire that one but I don't know if this monitor will alow me to watch all (HD and analog) programs available via:
- OTA
- FTA (satellite TV)
- cable

Do I need an ATSC QAM tuner or a DVD recorder with ATSC? For which type of broadcasts?

What functionality do I loose by not buying a TV?
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 8, 2002
5038 posts
504 upvotes
TV's = monitors + tuner (and sometimes other consumer features)

Not specific to Pioneer, but I have a Sony commercial monitor (not a computer monitor) and it has a bunch of extra inputs (BNC connectors, etc)that you wouldn't find on a consumer level monitor.

To get TV broadcasts on a monitor, you'd just need to attach a source (so a tuner, PVR, satellite receiver, etc) and connect the audio source to your receiver (since monitors generally don't have speakers).
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1579 posts
58 upvotes
ON
Brandon wrote: TV's = monitors + tuner (and sometimes other consumer features)

Not specific to Pioneer, but I have a Sony commercial monitor (not a computer monitor) and it has a bunch of extra inputs (BNC connectors, etc)that you wouldn't find on a consumer level monitor.

To get TV broadcasts on a monitor, you'd just need to attach a source (so a tuner, PVR, satellite receiver, etc) and connect the audio source to your receiver (since monitors generally don't have speakers).
thanks Brandon!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)