Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA

Teksavvy + MLPP = Win!

Earlier today, I added the MLPP option for $4 from TekSavvy, and while I was researching on what router/gigabit switch/wireless-n devices I should get, I stumbled along something interesting.

http://static.edwardk.info/mlppp%20guide.pdf

Using that(which, co-incidentally that site belongs to a friend of mine...), using that, I could activate MLPP without a router as long as I had a modem using a PPOE connection in Vista, all I had to do is click one option. And lo and behold, I've been getting 460+ kb/s downloads for the last 8~ hours. Quite an upgrade from the 25kb/s~29kb/s that I've had for the past year since the throttle began. I've also noticed that my ping has is much better, before I used to be around 50-60 on Ventrilo, now I'm at a solid 28-31.

Best $4 I've spent :P

Of course, there is no router right now, but oh well, I'll worry about that later...

Til then, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2865 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
That works, but if you have more than 1 computer that needs internet it gets complex. A router is a much simpler, dedicated solution.

Edit: Are you the same coriolis from NBR?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
Hello- wrote: That works, but if you have more than 1 computer that needs internet it gets complex. A router is a much simpler, dedicated solution.
Yea, but I'm probably going to wait for the ASUS N16 router to come out. I require a router /w DD-WRT or Tomato support, gigabit lan and wireless-n in one unit. I don't mind going without a router for the time being before classes start in September.

edit: Yeah, the guy with the 13,000 posts? :P

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)