• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2009 7:15 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 26, 2002
623 posts
4 upvotes

Best Laptop/Netbook under $500?

What is the best laptop or netbook for under $500? I recently got the Acer Inspire One 11" netbook. What do you guys think about it? And Can I get a better one for around the same price? Thanks.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1119 posts
474 upvotes
For under 500, I would get the Asus 1005XX series.

Asus has much better build quality then acer, and has worldwide warranty.

If you check the boards, there are numerous sales going on for 1005XX models.
Sep 17, 2006
423 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
I agree. I'm just about the purchase an Asus 1005HA netbook myself. These offer up to 10 hours battery life depending on how you use it. And its Asus. They are way better company in terms of quality and build compared to that of Acer. The one im looking at now is the Asus 1005HA Crystal Black model. Cash price for that @ Canada Computers is $429.99 which is uber sexy in my opinion. Hope this helps as a deciding factor for ya.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1510 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
ghettogal wrote: What is the best laptop or netbook for under $500? I recently got the Acer Inspire One 11" netbook. What do you guys think about it? And Can I get a better one for around the same price? Thanks.
"Best" is at best, subjective. Specifications aren't everything.

I've got a laptop that's only 1.06Ghz/2GB RAM/100GB HDD. Despite that, I can't find an equivalent replacement. 2.7lbs and a built-in DVD burner. It's the "best" for my needs.

As for deals, that's why you're on RFD.

- www.**********
- www.pricebat.ca
- www.bbf.ca
- www.pricecanada.com
Home automation, NOVO (HiFi) Magazine, Google Trusted Photographer, electric vehicles.
Dec 26, 2002
623 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess what I'm looking for are probably in the same range as the Acer one. So I guess the Asus is the best contender for what I need?

Edit: What about Dell?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)