None
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12063 upvotes
Toronto

New Logitech mice on the way - Tracks on GLASS

This could be why sales are popping up recently for the VX and Nano:

Soon you'll be able to use your mouse on your glass coffee table, or that laminate desk that was giving your optical mouse trouble. From the Logitech blog:

[QUOTE]Today we announced two new premium mice, the Logitech Performance Mouse MX and the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX. Both mice feature Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking, which allows you to use your mouse virtually anywhere you want
6 replies
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1908 posts
491 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Soon you'll be able to use your mouse on your glass coffee table, or that laminate desk that was giving your optical mouse trouble. From the Logitech blog:
Kinda funny because you use to be able to use your mouse on those surfaces... remember the old ball mouse? Now they are making it out to be such a revolutionary thing lol

-LeeBear
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12063 upvotes
Toronto
LeeBear wrote: Kinda funny because you use to be able to use your mouse on those surfaces... remember the old ball mouse? Now they are making it out to be such a revolutionary thing lol

-LeeBear
That's true, but it came at the price of cleaning the gunk out of the ball and rollers every once in a while!
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Yeah, use a mouse on glass, then spend $$$ on Windex.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Angultra wrote: Personally, I'll be holding out for the Anywhere MX for when I upgrade from the VX Revolution. It comes with a Nano "unifying" receiver and has extra buttons including forward/back. Runs off either 1 AA or 2 AA batteries. Pretty cool that they finally broke the "glass barrier" after all these years!
It has the same set of buttons as the VX Revolution, and the VX Revolution already runs on a single AA battery. Plus, it has a superior ergonomic design.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12063 upvotes
Toronto
board123 wrote: It has the same set of buttons as the VX Revolution, and the VX Revolution already runs on a single AA battery. Plus, it has a superior ergonomic design.
Yeah you called me on that one, the ergonomics are really good on the VX rev so I'd find it hard to part with it. It also has a zoom slider that I've used in the past. I would keep using it on my desktop and upgrade the V450 on my laptop, provided I find a good deal. Then I can leave the dongle in and not worry about a mousepad. Also, the ability to use 2 AA doubles the battery life so you don't have to change them as often.

However, if they ever upgraded the VX body with darkfield laser and nano receiver then I'd find it pretty close to perfect. The Anywhere MX is ambidextrous so would probably be the best choice for lefties (looks similar to the VX Nano, perhaps a bit larger) or if you work on a lot of shiny surfaces. Or just for bragging rights when you start using it on your friend's glass table, lol.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Angultra wrote: Also, the ability to use 2 AA doubles the battery life so you don't have to change them as often.
That's an interesting point. I'm curious about the power consumption of the Anywhere MX. The VX Revolution has amazing battery life with just a single AA cell. I've had one alkaline battery last several months, so battery life has never been an issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)