• Nov 24th, 2009 6:54 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 18, 2009
12 posts
6 upvotes

Stereo Speakers as computer speakers

Existing 2.1 computer speakers died.

Now I have some Energy XL-150 stereo bookshelf speakers that are not in use. It would be ideal to use them if its cheaper then buying a $100 (max) 2.1 computer speaker system. However I need an amp/receiver between my computer and these passive speakers. Now I dont need a big electronic to take up more room on my computer desk, nor does it need multiple inputs, nor do I want to spend $150 for the cheapest receiver.

What are my options? I read something about T-amp that sounds like what I need.
5 replies
Nov 17, 2008
535 posts
9 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Get one of those weird amplification cards or go to a pawn shop. I vote pawn shop.
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
SinCron wrote: Get one of those weird amplification cards or go to a pawn shop. I vote pawn shop.
I've never bought a single item from a pawn shop in my life; do they offer warranty on things like electronics? What if it doesn't work?
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Nov 17, 2008
535 posts
9 upvotes
Halifax, NS
The above comment must be stricken from the record for the sake of sanity(meaning one stupid post).

You test the stuff out in the store. If it works, great. Lets not forget we have a BUY AND SELL! on here. You can obtain a cheap compact stereo amp with a line in easily. If you're too stupid to know to avoid the unfriendly ones that wont let you test, well that's your fault.
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
SinCron wrote: The above comment must be stricken from the record for the sake of sanity(meaning one stupid post).

You test the stuff out in the store. If it works, great. Lets not forget we have a BUY AND SELL! on here. You can obtain a cheap compact stereo amp with a line in easily. If you're too stupid to know to avoid the unfriendly ones that wont let you test, well that's your fault.
That's harsh. Usually people just say "you need to get out more" but I guess you're out of pity.
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Nov 17, 2008
535 posts
9 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Sorry but I just found those to be stupid questions/statements to be said in a smart ass way. Guess that call center is taking its toll on me :P.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)