• Dec 10th, 2009 1:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2412 posts
181 upvotes

Which headphones to get?

I want to get a pair of hearphones. I thought I'd get over-the-ear type or headband type.

I'm not sure what to get, though. I don't know much about headphones but I've heard of ones that are supposed to be decent brands, Shure, Sennheiser, Sony, Pioneer, maybe Skull Candy.... others?

I want them to listen to music and for movies (especially). They have to be comfortable but also deliver quality sound. I don't need tons of bass but it has to be half decent.

Anyway, I don't want to order online unless there is a brand and model that is universally liked and recommended.

Thus, I was hoping there are some good brands/models at Futureshop and/or Walmart in which I can just walk in and buy (and of course, easily return if I don't like them).

I checked Futureshop and thought I'd suggest these ones:

Shure SRH240 $75
SkullCandy SC HESH $70
JVC HA-S700 $70
Sony MDR-XD200 $55
Sennheiser HD-437 $51

As you can see, my budget is around $75 up to $80. I should be able to get a decent pair for this price? I want it to be decent quality but I can't afford the best of the best going over $100.

If any of these are any good or you can recommend better ones that I can find at a local store, please suggest! Also, if you can tell me what to look for and why any of those are good/bad, please explain. If there is a thread I should follow or poster(s) who's in the know who I should especially inquire to, please mention, too. I guess what I am asking is if there's any audiophiles I should listen to in particular! :)

Thanks for any recommendations, info etc.!
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2004
5321 posts
18 upvotes
Midland
As I sugested in the other thread the senheiser HD-202's. there cheap, exellent tone reproduction range & sound staging for a "econo DJ headphone" they call them.

Check them out, some other poster on here a day or 2 ago said there was somewhere where he could get them for like $30 !! :D
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4000 32 gig kit
Asus Xonar AU | Asus ROG 6600 XT | Corsair RM850X | Fractial Designs Refine R5
Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2 | SG Firecuda 2 Tb | Win 10 Pro
Heatware 45-0|RFDware 13-0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)