None
Banned
Dec 27, 2009
169 posts

Confused with Futureshop return policy

I'm a bit confused from what I read on futureshop.ca
Buy it online, return it in-store

Need to exchange or refund your futureshop.ca purchase? It's as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Print out your purchase receipt from MY ORDERS.
2. Bring your receipt, packing slip and new, unused item(s) to any Future Shop retail store for an exchange or full refund within:

* 30 days of receiving your order for most product categories.
* 14 days of receiving your order for Computers, Monitors, Printers, Laptop Computers, Camcorders, Digital Cameras, Portable DVD Players and Air Conditioners.

3. Our customer service department will help you with your exchange or refund the full value of your purchase. The funds will be applied toyour credit card within seven (7) days.
NEW, UNUSED ITEM(S)? Does this mean they don't accept used products? I bought a digital camera online and I opened the box- used it- and now want to return it because I don't like the picture quality. Would they still accept it? Box is a little teared but I don't think that would affect anything...I have everything that came inside the box undamaged.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2006
1731 posts
105 upvotes
SanjayKumar wrote: I'm a bit confused from what I read on futureshop.ca

NEW, UNUSED ITEM(S)? Does this mean they don't accept used products? I bought a digital camera online and I opened the box- used it- and now want to return it because I don't like the picture quality. Would they still accept it? Box is a little teared but I don't think that would affect anything...
If you bought a camera and tried it out they will take it back. I did that myself just a few weeks ago.

I think they say this to indicate that they don't want to be a source of free rentals - which is fair. On the flip side they want people to buy stuff even if they aren't sure that they want it - so they offer a return policy.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
They will examine the camera for physical damage and if there isn't any, they'll take it back. If there is, they may or may not take it back or hit you with a restocking fee (for damages to the camera). They seem to be most picky about cameras.