• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2010 2:18 am
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1414 posts
135 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…

SDM: Now need 15000 points for Optimum PLUS

I was looking at the website, and it seems that now you need to get 15000 points to attain the PLUS status??? There goes my plan to buy $1000 in gift cards. I know I should have bought them on Jan 1st!! :evil:

http://www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/english/ ... us/p4.html
11 replies
Oct 25, 2007
551 posts
146 upvotes
I'm a plus member... but I am yet to see what the advantages are???I dont see any difference..
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
67 upvotes
the only advantage (that I use) is the bonus pts on redemption.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1448 posts
1482 upvotes
Kitchener
HighFlyer wrote: the only advantage (that I use) is the bonus pts on redemption.
and the occasional coupon that gives a 10k bonus when spending $50 in store (which can be stacked with promos such as spend $50 get a $10 GC)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
christov wrote: and the occasional coupon that gives a 10k bonus when spending $50 in store (which can be stacked with promos such as spend $50 get a $10 GC)
ohhh,
never thought of stacking those.
my last 10,000 offer was refused last year :twisted: even after I called 2x.

did not know about the changes. good to know.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1414 posts
135 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
Bookpreviews wrote: ohhh,
never thought of stacking those.
my last 10,000 offer was refused last year :twisted: even after I called 2x.

did not know about the changes. good to know.
Wondering if such coupons would count towards the plus or not? Or what about the 20x points promotion? Does anyone know if they count toward the Plus status?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6905 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
Depends on how the cashier input the coupon onto the system. If they put it in as 2001 or 2002 then you're fine. I think 2003 means free item so it won't count towards the $50 for 20x event. Where is DaVibe when you need him as I can't remember exactly if 2003 means free item or not! :D The 20x days are the best days to pull out the coupons!

EDIT: forgot to add earlier that it is really easy to get to Plus status if they have a few of those points on GC promo's! So don't let this scare you away with the minor change to the program.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
setell wrote: Depends on how the cashier input the coupon onto the system. If they put it in as 2001 or 2002 then you're fine. I think 2003 means free item so it won't count towards the $50 for 20x event. Where is DaVibe when you need him as I can't remember exactly if 2003 means free item or not! :D The 20x days are the best days to pull out the coupons!

EDIT: forgot to add earlier that it is really easy to get to Plus status if they have a few of those points on GC promo's! So don't let this scare you away with the minor change to the program.
For me what I remember buying was it was on a 20x day and there was also a Biotherm bonus on Skin Vivo items- buy any 1 item get 10,000 bp

so I bought an eye cream and spend $50 and also had the 10,000 bonus so did get something like 25,000 after spending $50,
I had a few other points that were instantly awarded for other items I think,
also some actual Biotherm products that were a extra bonus also.
so in my case I'm not surprized they did not give the points.

Shoppers has very good deals for perfumes and cosmetics if you like those items. Also for "health foods" their prices are usually good or better than a healthor grocery store.
The food specials every week also are great, the grocery flyer is online also.

the best thing I learnd is that the one or two stores near me they have their promotions 1 day early soall the points combine in the system.

so lets say it is 20x regular day and the next day is 20x cosmetics or whatever...you end up w 40x on stuff :)
for someone that likes cosmetics and gives many cosmetic item gifts to family/friends it is great!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1784 posts
652 upvotes
St. John's
Boo.

I just barely made it this year, bought just over $150 in gift cards on the 31st to get it. Looks like I won't qualify this year without a lot of stacking strategies and such (which reminds me I'm gonna make a thread abouth that..)
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3481 posts
404 upvotes
Downtown Canada
setell wrote: EDIT: forgot to add earlier that it is really easy to get to Plus status if they have a few of those points on GC promo's! So don't let this scare you away with the minor change to the program.
I wouldn't call a 50% increase in requirements a "minor change."

People may want to consider doing all their purchasing on one designated family member's card, to maximize their eligible points. Apparently transfers don't count.

:cool:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6905 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
Bastich wrote: I wouldn't call a 50% increase in requirements a "minor change."

People may want to consider doing all their purchasing on one designated family member's card, to maximize their eligible points. Apparently transfers don't count.

:cool:
If you know Optimum well even 100% increase is nothing ;)

I wonder if they are filtering out the really gung ho optimum lovers like me that um is embarrassed to say how fast I get to Plus status :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1414 posts
135 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
setell wrote: If you know Optimum well even 100% increase is nothing ;)

I wonder if they are filtering out the really gung ho optimum lovers like me that um is embarrassed to say how fast I get to Plus status :cheesygri
Do tell how!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)