• Jan 28th, 2010 3:19 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 2, 2006
523 posts
28 upvotes
Bradford

Internet security has expired

My Webroot Spy sweeper has expired and I wondered if I should renew it or look at something else. Could anyone please let me know what you would suggest.

thank you
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1674 posts
294 upvotes
poorgirl wrote: My Webroot Spy sweeper has expired and I wondered if I should renew it or look at something else. Could anyone please let me know what you would suggest.

thank you
Use MS Security Essentials for free. I have been using it since I upgraded to win 7 w/o any problem. it's simple, powerful. believe me you will like it.

here is the download link
http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

note: Your PC must run genuine Windows to install Microsoft Security Essentials.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario
Antivirus:
AVIRA + remove popup

Malware:
Superantispyware

Firewall:
Use a router, Comodo if you want further protection beyond Microsoft's
Jan 2, 2006
523 posts
28 upvotes
Bradford
Thanks everyone, I will try the microsoft security essentials to start.
Should Iput all of the onces recommended on or just this one.?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4393 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
2 anti virus prog might create false alarm. I heard a lot of good things about MS SE also but not sure if the footprint is as small as some of the other prog out there (since there seems to be conflicting messages online).
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2007
3648 posts
800 upvotes
Star* wrote: Use MS Security Essentials for free. I have been using it since I upgraded to win 7 w/o any problem. it's simple, powerful. believe me you will like it.

here is the download link
http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

note: Your PC must run genuine Windows to install Microsoft Security Essentials.
+1

Been using MSE since it was released, works well on both my 7 and XP machine. Doesn't slow anything down, runs quietly and just works. Mind you I don't go to any shady websites or anything like that.