Toronto
Hit and run eh :twisted:
Deal with it.
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5147 posts
5846 upvotes
Montreal
zero upload = usenet newsgroup... You need to change your downoad by using P2P Bittorrent to usenet newsgroup...
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1928 posts
214 upvotes
Uhh. I hate people who do this.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5862 posts
268 upvotes
The whole point of torrents is to share.
Use newsgroup or all the other download services out there if you don't want to upload.
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4360 posts
585 upvotes
Messed Up Area
This is outright HIT-AND-RUN........

maybe user is so greedy didn't realize prefernces in all torrents are your answer to no upload,

But then again alot of trackers see no U/L and slow your donwload
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38384 posts
12008 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Strategy wrote: Uhh. I hate people who do this.
Me too.

If you don't want to share, then pay for NNTP or Rapidshare.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
If your using uTorrent just change your maximum upload to 1kb/s
You shouldnt do this tho. What do you think would happen if everyone did this?? No fast download for you!

I always upload. When I download from private sites I upload more tho. I will keep the torrent on until I have no more room on my harddrive. Then when its full I just delete the torrents with the lowest ratio that are over 1:1. I try to keep the higher ratio torrents since they are obviously more popular.
On public sites like piratebay I only like to seed to 1:1 ratio tho.

What I would like to find is a bittorrent client that you can set so it will stop upload once you reach a 1:1 ratio. Which should be the min that you seed.
Anyone know of a client that does that?
Banned
Jan 4, 2010
1584 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Still looking. I need it because I have slow upload speed. I limit my upload speed anyways but I prefer zero.
enon
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2007
5330 posts
3052 upvotes
Scarborough
Lazy Susan wrote: You should be ashamed. You are a thief.
Even if he shared, I would imagine he's probably using BT for piracy anyway in which case he would still technically be a thief.
enon wrote: Still looking. I need it because I have slow upload speed. I limit my upload speed anyways but I prefer zero.
If you don't understand and support the idea behind BitTorrent then don't use it.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2578 posts
148 upvotes
lol you can't share what you're already getting for free...that's a new level of cheap right there.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2578 posts
148 upvotes
also, can we get a mod to remove his signature. as per rule

2. a) No SPAM/Advertising. This includes promoting a company or service in your signature or sending unsolicited messages through the Private Messaging system. If you wish to promote your company, please contact biz@redflagdeals.com.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
Honestly you should seed! If everyone was thinking like you then no one would be able to download anything, right. No seeders then no downloads. Always seed to at least 1:1

I'll say it again, set your max upload speed at 1kb/s if you really have to. If thats too much then you really need to find an alternate way of downloading stuff! If you have slow upload speed then who cares... your uploads will be slow. What else are you gonna use the upload bandwidth for. Max it out. Follow the torrenting spirit.
Jun 16, 2007
366 posts
120 upvotes
oh! the irony of this thread! hehehe...

carry on.
Sep 12, 2006
991 posts
85 upvotes
I'm stuck at 99% somebody seed. :D
Sep 12, 2006
991 posts
85 upvotes
enon wrote: Still looking. I need it because I have slow upload speed. I limit my upload speed anyways but I prefer zero.
You need it because you have slow upload speed ??

I don't get it.

This guy is the reason that I wish apps like utorrent would limit the download speed to the same number as upload if your upload is under 20 kbps.

OP its obvious that you download a lot and don't want to upgrade to the rogers extreme download limit.

Just switch to tekksavy and be done with limits.
Feb 25, 2010
686 posts
24 upvotes
deadprez wrote: I'm stuck at 99% somebody seed. :D
:lol: You forgot to say plz.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5731 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
[QUOTE]Still looking. I need it because I have slow upload speed. I limit my upload speed anyways but I prefer zero. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, go to newsgroups, bit torrent is for SHARING, you don't appear to be able to do that!

Brent

I leave torrent up until 1.2 to 1, or 7 days.
--------------------------------------------------------------
HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)