• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2010 8:29 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 3, 2009
47 posts
1 upvote

Sites/Places to buy Notebooks using Installment Plans

Can anyone help me find a place to buy a notebook using installment plans similar to the shopping channels "easy pay" ?

Thanks
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2005
2322 posts
50 upvotes
I think you can finance your purchase over a dell as well.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Future shop. Best Buy.
Mar 6, 2007
166 posts
10 upvotes
They have the 12 months and sometimes 24 months equal payments no interest accounts available. I have bought my last two laptops from Future Shop this way. It's only available in the store and not online.
Sep 3, 2009
47 posts
1 upvote
chezbasson wrote: They have the 12 months and sometimes 24 months equal payments no interest accounts available. I have bought my last two laptops from Future Shop this way. It's only available in the store and not online.
are you sure about this? I'm planning to buy a macbook from best buy. There is no interest right?

Thanks for the info by the way.
Sep 3, 2009
47 posts
1 upvote
Do you know how much that is? I can't find any info from the site.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7527 posts
53 upvotes
Pickering
Admin fee is based on purchase price and financing term.

They have no interest options, but that is for the term. Beware that the interest rate is about 29% which accumulates for the term, but doesn't actually get applied until the end if you haven't paid in time.
Deal Guru
Oct 16, 2008
11337 posts
5531 upvotes
Vaughan
TheDream101 wrote: Do you know how much that is? I can't find any info from the site.
It is about time for you to call them to find out. Website will not tell you in detail.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
It is a rip off. The admin fee is basically the interested paid up front.

Those plans where you don't pay for 1 year are really bad. At the end of the year, you have to pay the full amount. If you don't, you pay all the interest for the last twelve months.

Be very careful, if you don't manage your money well, this is not for you.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1283 posts
114 upvotes
Buying a computer in installments is the worst idea ever; they depreciate so quickly.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)