• Feb 23rd, 2010 6:06 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 21, 2009
10 posts

What is this video card worth?

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT OC+ 512MB PCIe 2.0

http://www.bfgtech.com/bfge98512gtocpe.aspx

The card is new, still sealed in packaging.

The computers in our house both have AGP slots and so we cannot use this card. Looking to sell but have no idea what a fair price is.

Thanks for your help.
8 replies
Feb 4, 2010
19 posts
Toronto
Just a quick look on ebay... anywhere from $125-175..considering yours is brand new and is the OC model. The average price looks like its around $120-140. Great card for the price! Was it a gift? If not, why not try and return/exchange it to where you purchased..if you dont have the reciept most stores will except it based on the facts its still sealed..but you'd only get a store credit.

BFG's warrenties are the best though.. lifetime replacement! I saw a couple of the 1GB cards going for around $180-200.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2004
5321 posts
18 upvotes
Midland
plom wrote: BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT OC+ 512MB PCIe 2.0

http://www.bfgtech.com/bfge98512gtocpe.aspx

The card is new, still sealed in packaging.

The computers in our house both have AGP slots and so we cannot use this card. Looking to sell but have no idea what a fair price is.

Thanks for your help.
Another soulution would be to sell off the agp based pc's & get ones that could use the card OR sell the pc's + the videocard to get 2 new more current pc's. :)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4000 32 gig kit
Asus Xonar AU | Asus ROG 6600 XT | Corsair RM850X | Fractial Designs Refine R5
Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2 | SG Firecuda 2 Tb | Win 10 Pro
Heatware 45-0|RFDware 13-0
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6697 posts
266 upvotes
St. Catharines
Price search engines show that worth $139.00 new so usually you knock off about 15-20% of the price considering its still new and sealed and resell it. Worth about $110-120.00 max.
Jul 10, 2008
606 posts
31 upvotes
considering you can get a gts 250 1gb for 120 no one in their right mind would pay 120-175 for a 9800 gt. since its brand new you may get 100. used ones go for 60-75.
Sep 6, 2007
186 posts
65 upvotes
Sherwood Park
len89 wrote: considering you can get a gts 250 1gb for 120 no one in their right mind would pay 120-175 for a 9800 gt. since its brand new you may get 100. used ones go for 60-75.
I'll second this!
As far as BFG's warranty goes, it is very good. I think XFX is still the best with the double lifetime warranty which covers the original purchaser as well as the second owner. The warranty may only be good for one year unless the card has been registered within the first month of purchase.
From BFG's website: In connection with such Limited Lifetime or Ten Year Warranty, all BFG graphics cards introduced on or after February 21, 2008 must be registered on www.bfgtech.com within thirty (30) calendar days of the original purchase date to activate the limited lifetime warranty or limited ten (10) year warranty.
[URL="http://www.bfgtech.com/warranty.aspx"[/url]
May enable you to get some more $$ if the buyer knows if the card has a lifetime warranty...not sure if you can transfer the account if you've registered the card. Good luck!
~Arn~
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2028 posts
545 upvotes
MTL
I am pretty sure BFG lifetime warranties are not transferrable:
http://www.bfgtech.com/warranty.aspx
BFG LIMITED LIFETIME CONSUMER WARRANTY and RMA POLICY

APPLIES TO ALL GRAPHICS CARDS INTRODUCED BY BFG ON OR AFTER 2/21/08

BFG Technologies warrants to the original purchaser of the graphics card included in this package ("Product") that the Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser (residing in the United States or Canada) owns the product, when given normal wear and proper usage. For original purchasers residing in areas outside the USA or Canada, the limited warranty for graphic cards shall be for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase.
AFAIK, eVGA's lifetime warranty is also not transferrable (http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmview ... aqid=58139)

The only company with a lifetime warranty I know that is transferrable is XFX (they even advertise it).
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3393 posts
641 upvotes
Cowtown
I sold my brand new Visionteck Radeon 4850 for $100 as I had the same problem as op. And it was about a year ago.

memory express is clearing out on those cards and selling 9800 gt "1GB" for $110 with warranty [yes BFG warranty is not transferable]

So, I'm not impressed to see people giving OP false hopes of being his card $120-175....that's waaaaaaay too much.

Would you buy this for $120?
Your mental health matters. Every step you take towards self-care and seeking support is a powerful investment in your well-being. You have the strength and resilience to overcome any challenges and thrive in your journey towards better mental health

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)