• Feb 24th, 2010 8:31 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 6, 2008
19 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary

Soundsaround Ripoff

So last week my 80 year old father-in-law went and bought a 58" Panasonic Plasma with a Shaw PVR at Soundsaround in Calgary. He loved the TV so he went to them again for a Panasonic BluRay player (not the same location unfortunately).
This time I was not with him to advise him so a sales guy got him to buy a 6' $100 Monster HDMI cable, that's right a 6' $100 cable. So I said take it back but Soundsaround has a no return policy and was not even going to give him a credit which they eventually offered.
He did not take the credit offered as he will never buy from them again. I have started a phone around on what happened to him to all my friends and business associates to not buy from them.
Heck even Visions has a return policy. So this is a warning for all of you you better really want what you buy from soundsaround because once you lay down your cash it is yours

rob
1 reply
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3531 posts
642 upvotes
Corktown
Sorry to hear about his loss!

Get him to take the credit and you will give him $80 for it.

You could buy anything in the store for $80 that would be better value than a $100 Monster cable.

Looking at their website, you could buy 4 Wii Sports bundles (reg. $28 on sale for $18) and give them as gifts or flog to RFD members.