• Jun 16th, 2012 1:25 am
Tags:
None
May 17, 2006
392 posts
6 upvotes

Does Dell Offer Price Guarantee/ Protection

I brought an item last week and the price just went down 10%
Anyone knows if they will do a price adjustment for me if I call?
7 replies
May 17, 2006
392 posts
6 upvotes
hmm...no one knows the answer??
that's a big surprise since Dell is discussed so much here.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Generally they won't. Here's their standard boilerplate from a recent e-mail:
The Dell apologists wrote:We have received your request for a refund of a price difference on your system purchased on order number 2975*****. Dell does not honour price reduction requests once the order has shipped from our facilities. We apologize, however; we will not be able to offer a price reduction concession.
You may have some success if you call to try to return your order and give as your reason the price cut. They may prefer to give you the 10% reduction rather than have to deal with the hassles and expense of a return. YMMV.
veni, vidi, Visa
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
No price protection. I called, I begged, I cried then I harassed and each time was told I needed to refuse delivery and re-order.

What a PITA.
Jun 5, 2007
582 posts
269 upvotes
North York
Dell service Sux!!! I had similar issue. Need citi cc when buying from those buggers
Feb 5, 2008
4 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Got the same reply and that's was for a business account.

[QUOTE]We have received your request for a refund of a price difference on your system purchased on order number xxxx. Dell does not honour price reduction requests once the order has shipped from our facilities. We apologize, however; we will not be able to offer a price reduction concession.[/QUOTE]
Apr 26, 2006
235 posts
210 upvotes
Fabre wrote: Got the same reply and that's was for a business account.
Not sure if I was lucky or they've changed their policy since - but I had no problem getting $50+tax credit back on an item I purchased last week.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
mooomoose wrote: Not sure if I was lucky or they've changed their policy since - but I had no problem getting $50+tax credit back on an item I purchased last week.
+1. A few months ago, item dropped by 16$. Was able to get the difference back

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)