• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2010 10:55 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
87 upvotes
EB is a crappy place to buy games if you're a collector and you only buy mint, unopened games. I don't shop there anymore but when I did it irritated me when they stuck the price sticker on the actual game cartridge. It was a pain in the !@#$ to get it off and it left a disguisting gluey residue behind. Same problem with that clear sticker thing they put over the box opening. Buying at FS, BB, Walmart or Zellers is way better because they actually sell you UNOPENED new games and sometimes they're cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
There was a similar thread a few days ago talking about this.

Basically the boxes on the shelves are empty to prevent people from stealing them. The boxes were opened so that they can put the actual game disc into the drawers behind the counter. Also they might be opened such that the staff can take it home and "test play" it.

There should only be a very few copies like this though. If you are buying new ALWAYS ask for a sealed copy. Unfortunately for the less popular games they might not have any in stock.

And yes it wouldn't hurt to use stickers that doesn't leave residue. Not sure why they opt for those.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
I know how you feel, I spend endless hours trying to get that sticky residue off my LBP case. I don't go there anymore for games unless it's brand new and sealed; not used, sealed and sold as brand new.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
I have never had this happen to me at EBG, they always go to the back and give me a sealed copy.