Shopping Discussion

Help- Need a new TV service (getting ripped by Rogers)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2010 7:58 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 8, 2010
50 posts

Help- Need a new TV service (getting ripped by Rogers)

Eff Rogers. I dropped them in favor of Comwave for phone service, dropped them for Tek Savvy (although I'm signing up with TS this afternoon) for internet, and now I want to drop my TV service with them. I'm paying about $75 a month right now but I'm really looking for something cheaper. Any advice would be much appreciated.
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6381 posts
1740 upvotes
Teksavvy got telephone service (A traditional phone line, that's not VOIP like comwave.) You should get it so you don't have to pay for dryloop fee.
Apr 8, 2010
50 posts
But with Comwave, I'm only paying $15 a month for all the features (I love the audio call display) and the first 6 months are free for me. Plus, I already bought 4 new home phones (the ones that don't work with a jack). TS phone service would have to be very much under $25 a month for it to even make sense.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3400 posts
105 upvotes
11wordisbond wrote: But with Comwave, I'm only paying $15 a month for all the features (I love the audio call display) and the first 6 months are free for me. Plus, I already bought 4 new home phones (the ones that don't work with a jack). TS phone service would have to be very much under $25 a month for it to even make sense.
Remember No Internet or Power Outage = you're SOL, unless your cell phone is charged. =P
2010 Rig: i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 6GB DDR3 G.Skill 1600, 256GB SSD, 1TB WB Black, R280C, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Thermaltake S-Spin H/S, Corsair HX650W, CM Scout Case, 2x LG Flatron W2343V,Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Apr 8, 2010
50 posts
No worries, my cell phone is always handy for emergencies.

I just spoke to retentions, and they were willing to drop my bill from $75 to $49 (with tax) for the next 12 months. The is for the VIP satellite package. Been with them since 87' and they said this was the best they could do. I'm gonna stay with them for now, unless another deal pops up with another provider.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
84 upvotes
Yeah it's pretty much Bell or going the Antenna route. I suppose you could nix it altogether and get a HTPC and use Hulu or other streaming sites and torrents, but not necessarily a bulletproof solution.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21389 posts
23729 upvotes
Richmond Hill
uh call in and say you want to cancel, get transferred to retentions, get retention deal...done
Apr 8, 2010
50 posts
NG wrote: Cartt.ca is reporting that Hulu is planning on expanding into Canada soon fwiw.

Between that and free for life HD OTA that works for me!
Sorry what is OTA?
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
11wordisbond wrote: Sorry what is OTA?
Over the air. You'll need something with a digital tuner most likely in your HDTV or an atsc converter box and antenna and there won't be as many channels as cable but many get over 20 depending on their location and it's all free.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812