Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
4300 posts
549 upvotes
Markham

Paypal screwed me *please help*

I sent out a package, two sony ericsson batteries by lettermail (just using a stamp), then the buyer files a complaint saying I didn't send the item. I have no proof that the item was sent, because when you send with lettermail there is no tracking number, if I knew that this would happen, I would've sent it with a tracking number. What do I do now? My $46.00 was taken away AND I don't have the batteries, is there any way I can prove to paypal that I sent the items? I lost both things, and I am left with nothing. ANY HELP WOULD BE GOOD :) ... I just want my money back ...
37 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3540 posts
879 upvotes
Don't be nosey
Same thing happened to me...and it was 3x more expensive :( Best thing to do know is keep fighting with Paypal and then filing a complaint with Canada Post, keep in mind that Canada Post would take somewhere around 3-4 MONTHS!!
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
121 upvotes
Paypal didn't screw you! The buyer is stating that they didn't receive the item, maybe they didn't. Do you have any proof that the buyer received the item?
Feb 17, 2009
604 posts
82 upvotes
Hamilton
I wouldn't be surprised if the buyer actually didn't receive them... Canada Post is awful.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1818 posts
1731 upvotes
PayPal makes it pretty clear to send things with tracking numbers to help in your case against charge backs
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2862 posts
2537 upvotes
Vancouveresque
PayPal didn't screw you. The items may not have actually arrived, so the buyer may be in the right. If the batteries did arrive, then the buyer has committed fraud.

Should have shipped it with a tracking number..
Nov 15, 2006
900 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Does the buyer have good feedback? If so, hopefully they just haven't received the items and will take off the hold on your account when the batteries show up. If they don't, then you likely won't get your money back. Always use tracking numbers when you ship -- even if it costs more. You just have to charge more for shipping. For something that small, you could ship it to the US for around $7.

I'm not really sure how you could send it in a regular envelope with just a stamp. Two batteries sound quite heavy, so I hope that you reinforced the envelope.
Sep 13, 2003
578 posts
211 upvotes
Tracking is a must, sometimes it takes over two weeks for stuff to be recieved from the US and the other way around.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
You screwed yourself.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Unless you have a time machine, expect to kiss that $46 good bye ...
There's a sucker born every minute.
Jun 7, 2004
603 posts
24 upvotes
I sent something with tracking, the other person even admitted they received it, but they claimed the item wasn't new even though in the auction it clearly stated 3x the item was preowned. To make a long story short, they did a chargeback, I lost my item & money and Paypal won't help me. They claim they are dealing with the issue, it's been 8 months. So, sometimes even if you have tracking, if your buyer is dishonest, you are still SOL.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13938 posts
5435 upvotes
I like the OP's name. Can relate to the topic very much :lol: :lol:
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1982 posts
10 upvotes
Kingston
did you have a return adress on it?
Lettermail not only goes by size, it also has a max. weight.
If you stuck batteries in an envelope with a 50 some odd cent stamp, no wonder it wasn't delivered.
I'm guessing it's more your fault, and not paypal's OR the buyers at all.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
If you really want to, you can file a police report and if ever that IMEI is used it will be considered "receipt of stolen property"
Mar 8, 2006
993 posts
1223 upvotes
iEye wrote: If you really want to, you can file a police report and if ever that IMEI is used it will be considered "receipt of stolen property"
Batteries don't have IMEI. :D

lesson learned for OP: always send with a track number with any Paypal transaction.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9535 posts
3184 upvotes
"For something that small, you could ship it to the US for around $7.
"

No, you can't, not even close. The cheapest del confirmation number is expedited. Doesn't make nay difference that its that small being the minimum charge is for up to 1kg.

For $7 you can send USA small packet with no del confirmation available.

OP shipping it cheap without tracking was the smart thing to do, the postage savings are so high vs protecting a $40 item and the low odds of there being a problem it only makes sense.
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
May 23, 2004
433 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
"You screwed yourself"

So true. In this day and age where fraud is so common. I don't know if you're just cheap or have just lead a very sheltered life. Always cover your butt.

I would also change the thread title to "I screwed myself" I've used Paypal many times and have never had an issue with them. They are there to protect you and do a damn good job too. But like most things in this world its just not idiot proof.
They say technology was supposed to make life easier. Sure had me fooled.
www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=15706